Bowel (colon and rectum) cancer

A support group for anyone affected by colon, rectal or small bowel cancer to come together, share experiences and ask questions.

Travel insurance

Chardonnay
Posted by

Hi there

I have planned a shirt trip to Paris with my husband in about 3 weeks to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. It is my first trip outside the UK since my surgery last August. I had APER surgery and now have a permanent stoma. I also have co-morbidities as a result of treatment, insufficiency fractures in my pelvis and peripheral neuropathy. We have free family travel insurance through our bank but they have declined to cover me for any pre-existing conditions. Can anyone recommend where I can get cover at a reasonable cost? 

Thanks Chardonnay

Kareno62
Posted by

Hi Chardonnay

I've heard a lot of people recommend  Insurance With or you could type holiday insurance in the search field at the top of the page and see if any previous posts have any suggestions

Karen x

Bodach
Posted by

Eurostar was mentioned quite recently as being reasonable, you don't have to travel with them. 

Ian

court
Posted by

My mum is a stage 4 patient with lots of resections . Insurance with. Com or Insurewith. Com. Covered her for £200. Fully covered . Saga was in the thousands . Boots wou do it but not cover pre existing conditions. I had to wait nearer the time of departure but it's very good . My dad has had a stroke several years ago and he was £200. Mum's last surgery was last year. 

Hope it helps and have a great time celebrating!!!

Court

Chardonnay
Posted by

Thanks Karen this was fab. Got a quote through them with an insurer called PayingTooMuch.com for £11.48!!! For or existing conditions. My other family insurance will cover me for non previous existing conditions.

Really excited to go now. Haven't had a holiday in a couple of years. 

Kareno62
Posted by

Aww that's great news!

Hope you have a lovely time x

Quiteyoungforthis
Posted by

Just insured with MIA Travel Insurance for a week in spain while on a break from chemo. Very reasonable and they spent a good while listening to what I'd had.