Worried wife

• 4 replies
  • 134 subscribers

So it appears my worries which I spoke about on my last post proved correct.  We had an appointment today to discuss results of colonoscopy. The consultant confirmed small cancer in his bowel but due to his other problems he does not think an op  is an option. This leaves us in limbo land. He said it will grow but no idea how fast, he might have 3 or 5 years or 6 months should it spread. He feels abandoned and I am trying to be positive but it is difficult. Has anyone had this scenario that can give us some insight as to what lies ahead. 
thank you

Pauline

• Hi . Have they suggested any treatment at all like radiotherapy or chemo? x

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm
  • They have said chemo and radiotherapy are a no go due to his other conditions. At the moment he has been referred to the anaesthetist and cardiologist but the consultant said he is sure they will agree with him that an operation would be too risky. He would prefer to take the chance and have the op even if he didn’t survive. It is an awful situation. I asked if he would be followed up to see if the cancer is growing/spreading but he said no he would be referred to a charity that does palliative care. X

• Hi 

A tough meeting for sure . Did they offer him chemotherapy? My mum got great results from it ? 
    I can see why this was all very traumatic. Did he say what would happen if his bowel blocked ?

Take care ,

Court

Community Champion Badge

Helpline Number 0808 808 0000

• No chemo due to his health. My hubby said if my bowel blocks you will have to do an op and he said no, there might be a possibility of a stent but if not it would be painful and it will take you (his words).