We understand that people with cancer are worried about coronavirus. Here is the latest guidance. We will update it regularly.

Bone, secondary cancer

Secondary bone cancer is cancer that has spread to the bones from a primary cancer somewhere else in the body. This group is for people affected by secondary bone cancer to share experiences and get support.

Discolouration of teeth on meds / Taking omeprazole before meds

Jo6
Posted by

Hi everyone!

I have been on medication now for 5 months and my teeth seem to have discoloured. I have good teeth so was worried. My oncologist said none of the meds I am on should be causing this! I went to the dentist and she said that it was either differences in my gut due to my body getting used to the medication or else it was too much mouthwash on a daily basis particularly corsodyl mouthwash as that has been washing away the mouths natural defences etc! Has anyone any experience of this and if it’s gut related, any suggestions?

Also I take Omeprazole in the morning before my medication. Do you have to leave a few hours between omeprazole and meds incase the omeprazole interferes with the absorption of meds?

Still trying to work things out!
Thanks

Jo x
latchbrook
Posted by

Hi

I can't help with your questions but I noticed that your post hadn't had any responses yet. Could I suggest that you also post this in the secondary breast cancer group as this will open up your questions to a larger audience.

You might also want to ask your CNS about how to take your meds if you haven't already.

x

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

What is a Community Champion?

Jo6
Posted by

Thank you x

Jo x