Bone, secondary cancer

Secondary bone cancer is cancer that has spread to the bones from a primary cancer somewhere else in the body. This group is for people affected by secondary bone cancer to share experiences and get support.

Zometa infusion after breast cancer

Dolly dreamer
Posted by

I have just had my first Zometa infusion which I will have twice a year for three years and I have been in bed for the last four days feeling really ill with headache and sickness. Is this normal and does anybody know how long it will last. Thanks Doreen

latchbrook
Posted by

Hi  and welcome to the online community

I'm not on this drug but I noticed that you hadn't had any replies to your post. I also noticed that you'd posted this question in ask a nurse and you have had a reply from Kate. In case you haven't seen it clicking here will take you to her reply and you'll see that she advises you to "contact your hospital team or GP straight away".

You may find it helpful to join the secondary breast cancer group as it's generally a busier group than this one with more people around to reply to posts.

If you'd like to join just click on the link I've created and then choose 'join this group' on the page that opens. You can then introduce yourself or post a question after selecting 'start a discussion' and join in with existing conversations by clicking on 'reply'.

When you have a minute it would be really useful if could pop something about your journey so far into your profile as it helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar diagnosis. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Edit Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

I hope you'll soon feel better

x

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

What is a Community Champion?

Jo300
Posted by

Hi Doreen

I'm on Zometa and my first infusion totally knocked me out - it was like flu.

The second one was considerably better, though my bones ached like crazy for a few days. It was only the next couple where I could still tell that I'd had it, but each was better than previous.

I've been on it three years now and for as long as I can remember I've been side effect free. I have an infusion every month.

Hope things get easier for you as you go on.

Jo
x
Duckadilly
Posted by

Hello dolly dreamer, I was told I would be having Zometa as soon as my mouth has healed from extraction of 3 teeth. 6 weeks ago had 2 stents fitted and am awaiting to see oncologist on 17th october. Had another pet scan last week, so subject to how mouth has healed I will also be on this. I can only hope you feel better soon . I hope someone will be able to tell you what you will need to know .good luck.