Bone, secondary cancer

Secondary bone cancer is cancer that has spread to the bones from a primary cancer somewhere else in the body. This group is for people affected by secondary bone cancer to share experiences and get support.

Bone biopsy

razzy
Posted by

Hi DiAne

Been managing fine or so I thought. I ended up neutropenic and had to spend a week in hospital which delayed treatment for two weeks. I'm fine now and back at work.

i decided against going swimming, I have been trying to walk more but it seems to hurt my back. Hot flushes with Letrozole are awful I have asked for accord brand as I started on these and hot flushes were not too bad. 

I am feeling the cold more I'm normally a hot person even wear T shirts in winter. I started layering up but one minute cold  the next too hot. I'm constantly soaking wet with sweat which can't be good for me especially when it cools. I have a cool pillow which does not help.

My scan is after Christmas too. I can't wait to see if treatment is working I'm due some good news.

My youngest is coming home from uni for a month at the beginning of December I can't wait. My oldest lives 5 minutes away. It will be nice having them both home for Christmas. I will be off work for two weeks. I have a works Christmas meal to go to but not looking forward to it. It's not the meal as my appetite is ok it's not been able to wear shoes with a heel I don't feel dressed up without them not that I wear shoes with a big heel but at the moment can only wear flats.  I am a half size so struggling to find a nice pair. I usually like a dance so not looking forward to watching everyone else dancing except me.

sorry feeling sorry for myself again.

Hope your scan is ok and your meds get sorted

Joanne xxx

Joanne

DiAne550
Posted by

Hi Joanne,

Oh my goodness, you have had a rough time.  Sorry that you ended up in hospital.  My white and red cells are heading down.  I am not neutropenic but heading that way with every blood test.

You are still amazing, back at work.  You are strong willed.  Good to have.

Had an injection darted into a sciatic nerve last week.  Instead of removing it the nurse said I will “adjust the angle”.  Didn’t help.  Thought I had felt pain but got pain, throb, ache and numbness all at once.  Couldn’t hold back the tears when I got home.

I think you are wise about the swimming.  Lots of bugs there.  I do miss it too.  Strengthened all round and not the harshness of walking on pavements.  Walked on grass over the summer when I was well enough to get out.  Boggy everywhere now.

Lovely to have your family at Christmas.

Hope the night goes well and your meal is good.  I am in padded running shoes all the time now.  Don’t run but the cushioning helps.  I am sure you will look better than I would at the dinner!

Yes, I am hoping for some good news from the scan.  Part of me doesn’t want it incase it isn’t :/  BUT IT WILL BE says the other parts.

I feel good considering.  A day at the Butterwick on Wednesday.  Hoping to chill out.  I have been told massage is on too.

Someone told me to put a scrapbook or a box together with positive things for when I feel low.  It works for me.  I may have mentioned it before, sorry if so.  It is normal to feel low.  I have a bit of time in that feeling but then not too much and look for something I like or will give me a laugh.

The cold is not good.  I thought it wouldn’t bother me until it hit me.  Sometimes I don’t get warm - not in the usual ways.  Husband is a hot temp person so the heating stays moderate.  A hot bath is best for me.  Awkward with the hot flashes.  PostMenopause now but I remember.  I took some food thing and a type of tea which helped.  I will try to remember and let you know.

Let me know how your meal goes.  Never know, it might give me an appetite.

Take care,

DiAne xxx

razzy
Posted by

Hi DiAne

hope the pain in your back from the injection is better. My scan is January I can’t wait I’m paranoid the cancer continues to spread so need the scan to reassure me treatment working. Keep getting niggly pains but this could be a side effect of treatment.

i will let you know how the meal goes. My appetite at the moment is ok in fact can’t stop eating. This is a bad thing as I could do with loosing a little bit of weight. 
Take care

Joanne

Joanne

DiAne550
Posted by

Hi Joanne,

I will be thinking of you.

DiAne xx