Bone, secondary cancer

Secondary bone cancer is cancer that has spread to the bones from a primary cancer somewhere else in the body. This group is for people affected by secondary bone cancer to share experiences and get support.

Treatment

Mumps
Posted by

I live in Ecuador.  We have socialized medicine.  I received my diagnosis of fourth stage bone cancer from an oncologist in that system.  I am also working with a private geriatric doctor for future palliative care.

13 years ago I had a double mastectomy.  Took chemo and radiation treatments.  Took tamoxifen for two years but learned it didn't work with me.

I have declined a biopsy, chemo and radiation.  At this point in my life (77 years old) I prefer the quality of whatever time I have left. Presently I have only aches.

My treatment is with a hormone, letrozol, and a monthly injection of a bisphosponate. I begin treatment next week.

Does anyone have experience with these two drugs as to side effects?

latchbrook
Posted by

Hi

I haven't had either of these drugs but I noticed that your post had gone unanswered.

I've searched the Macmillan website and found this information about Letrozole for you and this about bisphosphonates. The Letrozole information includes a section on side effects.

Best wishes with your treatment

x

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

What is a Community Champion?