Bone, secondary cancer

Secondary bone cancer is cancer that has spread to the bones from a primary cancer somewhere else in the body. This group is for people affected by secondary bone cancer to share experiences and get support.

Bone Mets Treatment

Montana girl
Posted by

Ha, just read your posts Lass. Very helpful, thanks!

Peebee2
Posted by

Sorry for the late reply I’m currently in hospital with pneumonia, I was quite poorly but on the mend slowly my breathing is so much better with antibiotics and oxygen... 

As for my mets they are all stable and haven’t grown apart from the ones in my thoracic which fractured my spine, thing is I always had problems with that area of my back, I was a gymnast from 7 to  age 16 so that won’t of helped and after the birth o my first son I had pain there while I was breastfeeding so went to see my gp and I got an X-ray and it showed at age 25 I had osteo arthritis, I had intensive phisiotherapy but the vertebrae had fused together so I’ll always wonder if my bones were already weak was the reason the cancer broke through... but all the others had stayed the same so I was happy with that, hope you are doing ok

Love Jo xxx 

Lass
Posted by

Sorry to hear pneumonia has you in her embrace at the moment Jo.

Glad you're in the best place though, and the meds seem to be working and you're improving.

Long may it continue!

Lass

Xx

Hope is important because it can make the present moment less difficult to bear. If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today. - Thich Nhat Hanh

Peebee2
Posted by

Thanks lass, docs just been and I feel loads better but my bloods aren’t showing the same.

Im away to have another chest X-ray shortly to compare with the other and a heart echo.

I also have a rash on my legs which they said was an allergic reaction to the antibiotics but now they are saying it looks vascular... me head is done in, prodded and poked every hour... can’t wait to go home... but at least this time the docs didn’t ask if I wanted resuscitating or do I want to sign a DNR so I’m pleased with that! Hahah 

Hope your ok Lass xx