Bone, secondary cancer

Secondary bone cancer is cancer that has spread to the bones from a primary cancer somewhere else in the body. This group is for people affected by secondary bone cancer to share experiences and get support.

White blood cells

Ellieellie
Posted by

Hello

Been to hospital and had my blood test today. I get one every month.  It showed by white blood cell count had gone done and they have stopped one of my meds because of this.  I have to go back a week on Friday for another blood test to see if it has risen. Feeling a little concerned that one my meds has been stopped. The one that has been stopped is Palbocicclib.  Anyone else encountered this problem?

Peebee2
Posted by

Hiya Ellie, I had mine stopped twice due to low blood counts and being neutropenic and I had three blood transfusions one after the other, my oncologist ( Janine graham ) just wondered if she was yours was concerned and it turned out my vit D and vit B was in the floor so I had injections for the B12 and tablets for vitD and my blood levels came straight back up and that was all it was so ask to be checked, I’m now off the Palbo and I’m another treatment that landed me in hospital but I’m ok now xx 

Ellieellie
Posted by

Hello

My  Consultant is Danielle Lee, she works out of Newcastle and I see her privately at The Spire in Washington.   I guess I'll just have to wait and see what happens next week. All my other readings were ok.  Hope you are keeping well x

Peebee2
Posted by

All my others were ok Ellie, apparently vit d and vit b  need requesting separate, it’s worth looking into incase it’s just a simple thing, mine was talking about taking bone marrow sample so I’m glad it was mentioned, I’m doing well Ellie, my new chemo made my heart elevate and I had signs of a blood clot so I was taken from the chemo unit to hospital and was in for 3 days I stopped the chemo and restarted again after a chat with my oncologist so far so good! Hope you get sorted I was the same just want to get back in the treatment xx