Bone, secondary cancer

Secondary bone cancer is cancer that has spread to the bones from a primary cancer somewhere else in the body. This group is for people affected by secondary bone cancer to share experiences and get support.

Consultant

Ellieellie
Posted by

Hello

I saw my Consultant tonight. She doesnt understand why my tumour marker increased. My scan shows the cancer has not spread and it looks like my bones are repairing themselves. She said I looked very well. I confirmed that I had aches from time to time but no pain. She has stopped one of my meds given as an injection as she thinks that might be the cause of the marker increase . I will be starting a new med which will be given as a tablet. Another scan in 3 to 4 months time to see what difference it makes. Right now all looking positive.

Peebee2
Posted by

Ellie that’s brilliant news, you must feel so much happier and lighter having heard that news... I was asked if I had been drinking a lot over Christmas and I laughed as I had felt poorly so hardly touched a drop and it turned out it was due to antibiotics I had been taking and that affected my results so just shows you! I’m so happy for you, my pain is so so and have spent half the day on north tees as my daughter in law is in early labour so waiting on more news so I’m resting as much as I can incase I get a call... 

so again I’m so happy for you Ellie and long mah it continue xxx 

Jo xx 

Ellieellie
Posted by

Hello Jo

Thank you.   I have a splitting headache right now because I think I have been so stressed to hear what the Consultant had to say although I already knew she was happy with the scan.  Is this your first grandchild?  Wish my son would hurry up and get a permanent partner and have a baby. I think I have a long wait.  Please let us know what she has. So exciting for you but do make sure you rest up as you will need your strength. Take care xx

Peebee2
Posted by

It’s my second Ellie, I have a 3yr old granddaughter called phoebe my eldest sons and this is my youngest sons baby who is going to be a boy called Sonny, I’ve been so lucky to have been present at phoebes birth and have been asked to be present as sonny comes into the world so I’m hoping I can keep my pain under control to be able to get there I will just have to see and hope the timing is good for me.. so exciting times for me.. thanks for your good wishes and I’ll let you know when he makes an appearance xx