Bone, secondary cancer

Secondary bone cancer is cancer that has spread to the bones from a primary cancer somewhere else in the body. This group is for people affected by secondary bone cancer to share experiences and get support.

Relief

Ellieellie
Posted by

Hello

Just been told that my  consultant is very happy with CT scan.  Seems I am stable and no spread.  I feel like I have just had an enormous weight lifted off my shoulders.  My nurse told me and I burst into tears and hugged her.  You never realise how much you are holding in until it goes. Maybe I can sleep at night now instead of imaging  worst case senarios x

Lass
Posted by

That's fabulous news Ellie, I'm so pleased for you! Long may it continue!

Lass

Xx

Hope is important because it can make the present moment less difficult to bear. If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today. - Thich Nhat Hanh

Peebee2
Posted by

Oh Ellie, that’s just fantastic and I’m so happy for you and yes you don’t realise how strong you are and how much we keep in to protect others you sometimes find yourself shaking with relief.

today is a new day ellie... enjoy it xx  

krystyna
Posted by

That is wonderful! Best news ever, what could be better to hear.

ok......I have to see my consultant on Monday so let’s hope it’s spreading!! Am in massive pain in my back, never felt anything like it, so not expecting any good

but.....you have the news we all want to hear! Great. Xxxxx

For I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep.  And miles to go before I sleep.      Robert Frost

Lass
Posted by

No Krystyna, we DON'T want it to be spreading hun! Lol

Let us know how it goes, and look after your back. Remember, cold and damp weather makes aches and pains a lot worse. So, hopefully it's just that!

Lass

Xx

Hope is important because it can make the present moment less difficult to bear. If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today. - Thich Nhat Hanh

Ellieellie
Posted by

Hello

I have had aches and pains for the past few weeks so had convinced myself it had spread. I also have rheumatoid arthritis so wasnt thinking clearly or I might have realised the aches  could be from that.  I really hope the news you get is better tha  you expect. Let us all know please x

Peebee2
Posted by

Yeah perhaps the anxiety has kicked in krystyna and your holding yourself that wee bit tighter.. I hope the good news we have had from Ellie is the only thing spreading! 

Sending you the biggest hug 

Jo xx 

krystyna
Posted by

That was a great hug, Jo, am going to keep it handy and use it when I need it!

thanks for good wishes. GP has prescribed some new (to me) pain relief called Protec - anyone used it? He says take it when you need it, so I’m doing so, as pain in back/hip/leg  has been appalling. 

We’ll see what Monday brings. Xxxx

For I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep.  And miles to go before I sleep.      Robert Frost