Bone, secondary cancer

Secondary bone cancer is cancer that has spread to the bones from a primary cancer somewhere else in the body. This group is for people affected by secondary bone cancer to share experiences and get support.

How ridiculous!

Lass
Posted by

My New Years resolution is, of course, to lose weight - as it probably is for most people who make resolutions.

I'm sick and tired of doctors telling me the reason for x, y, z is because I'm overweight and inactive. I've always been overweight, so I've always heard this. It's not based on anything medical, no tests they've ever done, just the look of me as I walk in the door. So there's that.

Then one of my brothers has set a date for his wedding - October. I don't want to be cut out of his pics for being the fat blob that brings the look down. And I def don't want to be the fat blob that my niblings look at to remember me by should something be found/change.

So according to my BMI, I have 10 stone to lose by October. However, I think that if I lost 10 stone I'd look ill. I'm 5' 10", with a 63cm circumference head, and REALLY broad shoulders. Female rugby player basically. So to get down to 12 stone would make me look unwell I think. So my aim is to lose whatever weight it takes to get to a size 14 on the bottom, 14/16 on the top.

Did fine yesterday with my exercise, but today I've done a workout and it's really aggravated one of my met sites in my spine. I also had a nap yesterday after a workout, and today it was a 4 hour nap to recover from a GP visit and a workout.

I really wish I could push a button and let all my docs feel how I feel for 48 hours. Then we'll see how active they are, and how much healthy food they feel like eating when standing to cook is impossible.

I just want them to find out what's wrong, then tell me how they are going to fix it. I'm so sick of this now!!

I'm off to find some gin.

Lass

Xx

Hope is important because it can make the present moment less difficult to bear. If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today. - Thich Nhat Hanh

krystyna
Posted by

You’re right, Lass. BMI is rubbish. I’m five foot nine and once when young I lost a lot of weight and looked terrible, and  I still weighed 9 stone, so beware. Yes, lose some if it will make you feel better but take  no notice of stats,

i love the idea of GP’s experiencing what we do. Here, have my pain....no, not just for a quick blast and an ouch; have it for 24 hours, relentlessly no matter what feeble meds you have prescribed for yourself...if you see where I’m going. Bet you’d up the meds by the first hour, hmmm? And be overweight, and be judged for it and made to feel a fool.

but that ain’t gonna happen so we are stuck in the situation.  We just have to deal with it and hide away to cry.

im with you and so are we all. Xxxxx

For I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep.  And miles to go before I sleep.      Robert Frost

Peebee2
Posted by

Some docs just puts you off... haven’t t we enough to be dealing with without the weight conversion etc, in the grand scheme of things it’s a small thing, and yeah I’m the same, I love to cook but right now I can’t my pain is too bad so it’s bad food that makes me feel better, unfortunately for me I’m not gaining as I have a poor appetite at the minute and I need to get the bowels moving as it was well before before Xmas!!! I am taking laxatives and softeners but hardly any food isn’t a good combo, but I have got good bowel sounds which makes me giggle as I can’t remember which one of you said that so I know that as long as I’m farting there is something doing ok!!! Happy days xx lol 

Lass
Posted by

Well, the doc today got me down, as it's the first time in a very long time that someone has looked at me instead of the computer screen or their notes and actually asked me how I'm coping. I cope fine until someone asks me that question, then I'm just a mess. Hence the teary moment just now. So stupid.

My appetite hasn't been right for a few months now, and I think I found out why on the 21st of last month. I had an endoscopy after fasting for 14 hours, but my stomach was still full of food. So seems my stomach is on a go slow for processing food through. Yet part of the reason I was seeing the GP today, is because I have very loose stools. I can poo 5 times a day or more some days. So constipation definitely isn't a problem over here!

But I'll say to you what I said to Krystyna..... get some prunes into you! Glass of prune juice at night, and a handful of fresh or stewed prunes on your breakfast. That should get things shifting more than the pills.

And yeh, one of my plans is once I've eaten through my fridge, I'm going to walk to Asda and back each day to pick up a salad and some bits for a healthy tea. Finally work my way through my recipe books and test everything out. Luckily, I have about 12 bottles of gin in the house. Because all of this is going to hurt. A lot.

Lass

Xx

Hope is important because it can make the present moment less difficult to bear. If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today. - Thich Nhat Hanh

krystyna
Posted by

I sympathise about the ‘how are you coping’ question, I just dissolve,

on a botty level, yes to the prunes, also kiwi fruit which I didn’t know about. I remember commenting to my Macmillan nurse re farting and I could feel her shudder down the phone, then she said that passing wind was a good sign! So get there and raise some hell. Night night xxx

For I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep.  And miles to go before I sleep.      Robert Frost

Lass
Posted by

That moment when you do an exercise routine on the floor, then realise you can't get up again....

Lass

Xx