Bone, secondary cancer

Secondary bone cancer is cancer that has spread to the bones from a primary cancer somewhere else in the body. This group is for people affected by secondary bone cancer to share experiences and get support.

Anxiety

Ellieellie
Posted by

Hello

I have a CT scan on Thursday and am very scared of what it might show.  This is only the  second scan i will have heard since being diagnosed with secondary metastatic breast cancer of the bone in my back.  One of my blood results has increased so they want to check what is happening. I can't remember her which one it was.  Also the last time they gave me an Injection of Fulersant in my bottom it has resulted in an extremely uncomfortable haematoma.  Christmas has not been brilliant, I have been quite depressed leading up to it but I got through the day. I am hoping for a good result but who knows.

Tinalay
Posted by

Hello there, it's no wonder you're scared after the shock of the last scan, but it's still possible that this one will show that things are stable, or even a bit better. It's exhausting living with this constant threat, even if it's in the background at times. Christmas and scans bring it all up front and centre stage. I'll be thinking of you tomorrow, I hope you have someone to go with you and can do something you enjoy afterwards. Have everything crossed for a good result. Big hugs.

Tinalay