Bone, secondary cancer

Secondary bone cancer is cancer that has spread to the bones from a primary cancer somewhere else in the body. This group is for people affected by secondary bone cancer to share experiences and get support.

Is it cancer

Amanda865
Posted by

Thanks Lily xxxx

Amanda865
Posted by

Well the good feeling didn’t last long! Last Friday 7th Dec, I received a call from the Respiratory Consiltant U saw in A&E and whom had ordered the CT and Bone Scans. He wanted to see me in his clinic on Tuesday 11 Dec, I also found that a letter was on its way to me from the Vascular Team as I have an enlarged blood vessel next to my spleen and going to my kidneys. I

On Tuesday I went along to the appointment on my own, I thought it was just a follow up on my pleurasy And he wanted to sign me off from his care?

When I saw him, he asked about my understanding of my bone scan results and I told him that no cancer was detected, which he confirmed and showed me the radiologists report to confirm this, however he said whilst he is not a radiographer, he saw something on my CT scan which has raised concerns with him and he discussed this with his teams radiographer as well as with his team in their MDT who all agreed that there was a concern that needed further investigayion. He showed me the images of my ribs and highlighted lucients and variances. when I asked what he thought it was he said Myeloma (form of blood cancer), he said he would arrange an immediate blood test and take urine sample to check got this and irrespective if it comes back negative or positive he would also be arranging a full body MRI scan. He said he would be seeing me again a further two times before Christmas.

He also said that the vascular team have discussed my case and treatment plan for my enlarged blood vessel and that they planned on seeing me go discuss putting a stent in!

So I am now in limbo and back to square one... but now worried about a totally different type of cancer that I may have which is also untreatable but very curable!!!

latchbrook
Posted by

Oh I'm so sorry to read this . After your results 10 days ago telling you that the cancer hadn't spread to your bones to now be told that it may have spread elsewhere must be devastating. Then on top of this you have an enlarged blood vessel, it really doesn't seem fair.

Keep posting as I really think it helps to be able to talk to others in the same situation.

Sending you my best wishes

x

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

What is a Community Champion?

Amanda865
Posted by

Thank you Latchbrook, it does help to talk on here. If it is myeloma  it’s not curable but very treatable depending on the stage. Waiting is the hardest part as we all know. I have just boarded Cunard’s Queen Elizabeth today, so it will take my mind off it for a few days, and will be back the day before I go to find out my blood and ruins test results. This time I am taking my sister with me. 

latchbrook
Posted by

Oh a cruise on the Queen Elizabeth sounds fabulous ! Are you going somewhere exotic? We've never tried cruising although a lot of our friends do. My husband's not a very good sailor so he's worried about spending all that money and then being ill! However, he's seriously tempted by the thought of all that food 

x

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

What is a Community Champion?

Amanda865
Posted by

Hi Latchbrook, we have a two day stop in Bruges, the cruise is fantastic and very Christmassy. You and you’re husband would absolutely love it. I’m not a great traveller, I have been cruising g since 2003 and only one incident where I was seasick for 24hrs travelling through the bay of. Is at (it was a particularly bad crossing as even the crew were affected). Please ask him to try it, I promise it will be ok   Xxx