Bone, secondary cancer

Secondary bone cancer is cancer that has spread to the bones from a primary cancer somewhere else in the body. This group is for people affected by secondary bone cancer to share experiences and get support.

Scan

Ellieellie
Posted by

Hello

Does anyone else get Scan anxiety.  I have been getting treatment since April this year and this will be my first scan to see what’s happening. I believe I am doing ok although blood pressure a little high. I have put on some weight and generally try to put it to the back of mind.  Some days though the dark clouds overwhelm me.

I have decided that I am no longer willing to travel abroad to avoid the stress of travelling.  My husband has released funds from one of his pension pots and we have bought a static caravan in the south Lakes. Really given me something positive to  look forward to. Going up this weekend for the last time until March. I feel at peace there and dare I say happy. Life changes so much for us with this disease. I hate people asking me how I am. I don’t want to think on it too much. I now have a rule with them which is don’t mention it unless I do. People say I look so healthy, if only I felt it   Writing this from the hospital where I am waiting on blood results and then injection followed by meds to collect. I always get so anxious. On a good note I haven’t had to take any painkillers for a while and just suffer minor aches in my back where the cancer is.  Dreading the scan big time. I want to know but at the same time don’t want to know. Hope you are all doing as well as you can. Keep your spirits up and enjoy the little things x

Granny Sue
Posted by

Everyone gets it and all the carers family and  friends . We cant avoid  it but just keep enduring it as best we can . My lovely husband is about to have a second brain met removed his origanel cancer was in the oesphagus .We are not doing so well but will just keep going all the best to you enjoy the lakes a truly amazing place and good luck with the scan xx

Granny Sue

Ellieellie
Posted by

Hello

Wishing all the best to you and your husband. You are right we all have to keep going and endure the best we can x

krystyna
Posted by

Scan anxiety - I spent one of my scans in floods of tears all over the poor radiographer! Bawling like a bairn......this is going to decide my future etc!! So join the club. I agree entirely with the want to know and don’t want to know, as well. Knowledge is power says my old man....hmmm. So we are at much the same place, and I say back to you, keep your spirits up, it’s not easy but we’ll all help each other. Let us know how the scan goes.

enjoy the lakes. Xxx

For I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep.  And miles to go before I sleep.      Robert Frost