Bone, secondary cancer

Secondary bone cancer is cancer that has spread to the bones from a primary cancer somewhere else in the body. This group is for people affected by secondary bone cancer to share experiences and get support.

Feeling good

Ellieellie
Posted by

Hello

After months of feeling really low, getting diagnosed and starting treatment I am at last feeling more like my old self. My tumour markers have come as less than half. My physio says I am ready to start the gym with a programme she will devise for me. No major side effects from treatment apart from hot flushes. My appetite has come back slowly and I have put on a couple of pounds. I still get tired and suffer from insomnia. Got permission to travel now so off to America on Tuesday. I feel more settled in my mind. I know I can’t be fully cured but found myself singing to a song on the radio whilst driving. Not done that for a long time. Took my dog out for a walk on my own for the first time in months. Driven the car again for the first time in months. Almost scared to say at this moment in time I am content. Who knows what my future holds but right now, dare I say it, I’m happy.

Peebee2
Posted by

And don't it feel good....

We never think we are going to get to feeling like that again after the initial shock and fear...

So happy your feeling good Ellie..... 

Have a wonderful holiday!!! 

Jo x 

Ellieellie
Posted by

Thank you x

Kacang
Posted by

Sounds like you're doing really well Ellieellie. Long may that continue. 

Big hugs

Ellieellie
Posted by

Thank you x