Bone cancer

A place for people affected by primary bone cancer (including osteosarcoma, Ewing's sarcoma and chondrosarcoma) to support one another, ask questions, and share their experiences.

Osteosarcoma

smorg89
Posted by

My 63 yo dad has today been diagnosed with osteo sarcoma which from what we can gather is a very rare form of cancer that only affects 1% of the population and those are usually teenagers/ young adults. 

My dad got a pain in his leg at the end of June dismissed it as a strained muscle and steadily the pain has got worse leading to a diagnosis of a hip fracture. From this, he had a CT scan which showed secondary cancer on his lungs (this was 4 weeks ago) until now they were not sure what the primary was - until today.

They will start chemo ASAP because he is now in considerable pain with his leg. What I need to know is does anyone have a positive secondary lung cancer story? My dad has always been a healthy man and until recently was working 6/7 days a week. His lung function test was 83%.

The cancer is contained within his lungs no surrounding tissue, etc but is in both and on his pelvis which is the osteosarcoma.