Bone cancer

A place for people affected by primary bone cancer (including osteosarcoma, Ewing's sarcoma and chondrosarcoma) to support one another, ask questions, and share their experiences.

Ewing’s sarcoma

Lovemybabies
Posted by

Hi everyone, my daughter has just rang us with the news that her partner and daddy to their toddler has been diagnosed with Ewing’s sarcoma today. He’s mid 20s. From what I could take in when we spoke to him they’re is to be a meeting as to what action they take but it was mentioned either radio/chemo or more likely than not that he has his pelvis and hip removed and replaced hopefully by a donor or one made for him. Just wanted to talk and listen to others experiences with this disease please

latchbrook
Posted by

Hi and welcome to the online community

I'm very sorry to hear that your daughter's partner has been diagnosed with Ewing sarcoma. I don't have any experience with this type of cancer having just popped in from the melanoma group as I noticed your post had gone unanswered.

I've looked on this group for you and found that had this cancer and I hope that by tagging him he will respond to you. 

You may also find this information produced by Macmillan useful in providing you with more information about Ewing sarcoma.

Sending you and your family best wishes x

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

What is a Community Champion?

Dolly22
Posted by

Hi everyone, we have just found ourselves in the same position as Lovemybabies, not quite sure what to do for the best and how to help.  I've joined for the same reasons as you, just want to talk and listen to others experiences.  The unknown is a frightening place to be. Hopefully your  situation has moved on and things have improved for you  and your family.