Bone cancer

A place for people affected by primary bone cancer (including osteosarcoma, Ewing's sarcoma and chondrosarcoma) to support one another, ask questions, and share their experiences.

I’m scared I have Osteosarcoma!!

bran_sun
Posted by

Hello everyone,

I noticed pain in my upper left arm where it feels like I got a shot or bruised. Now it only hurts when I touch it in one spot. It’s not very painful and it only hurts when I touch it. It feels like I might have pinched a nerve and the pain is only in one spot. This came out of no where and I haven’t damaged my arm (that I know of) I’ve noticed no lump or swelling. I’m so scared of sarcoma! Please is his something that needs to be looked at by a doctor? It does not bother me when I sleep nor when I move my arm. Thanks.

WillLive75
Posted by

Hello bran_sun! I don’ t know how did you come to this conlusion, that you might have a sarcoma, but I should advise that you see your GP first, be reffered for some tests and eventually have an MRI done. Try this steps first! Best of luck!

wichmam
Posted by

Hi Bran_sun

I am still in the process of discovering if my tumor is an osteochondroma or an osteosarcoma. But the first step in determining is usually an x-ray. Since these are bone tumors, they show up quite well. I'm not a doctor, but the pain I get from my tumor is deep, and achy, and I have swelling where it is. If you are concerned, just describe it to your doctor and see what they say.