Bone cancer

A place for people affected by primary bone cancer (including osteosarcoma, Ewing's sarcoma and chondrosarcoma) to support one another, ask questions, and share their experiences.

Bones

Lou12
Posted by

Hi  My lovely mother was diagnosed with Nsclc adenocarinoma lung cancer which has spread to her spine, pelvis and also a spot on her Liver in February. Thankfully her Liver function was not a concern at present to the oncologist.

She is due to start immunotherapy Pembrolizumab on April 13th.  She is very uncomfortable at the moment with her legs feeling like lead, pain in her back and feeling wobbly on her feet.

I was wondering if these symptoms are caused by the cancer in her bones or could it be because she hasn't been walking or doing much since her diagnosis and this is obviously having an impact on her making her weak. Her appetite is terrible, although she tries to get food down her and due to this has lost a lot of weight among other things.

It's absolutely heartbreaking to see her like this as she was so independent. I'm praying that once she starts treatment these symptoms will ease so she can have quality and enjoyment of life.

I was wondering if there is anything she could do in the meantime to ease the symptoms on her legs and back.  I feel helpless watching her in pain and not being able to do anything.

Louise x x

latchbrook
Posted by

Hi Louise and a warm welcome to the online community

I'm sorry to hear that you mum has lung cancer which has spread. I afraid that I can't answer your question as I don't have experience with your mum's type of cancer but I noticed that your post had gone unanswered.

You might get more chance of a reply if you join and post this question in the lung cancer group. I realise that you've posted it here because you think it might be to do with the cancer in her bones but try the lung cancer group as well.

Sending you and your mum a ((hug))

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

What is a Community Champion?