Bone cancer

A place for people affected by primary bone cancer (including osteosarcoma, Ewing's sarcoma and chondrosarcoma) to support one another, ask questions, and share their experiences.

Osteosarcoma

Beaniebones
Posted by

in 4 days I will be getting 10 metastasised tumours removed from my lung, and I have a couple on the other lung that will need surgery in the future. I have had my leg tumour (the main cause) removed and I now have a total knee replacement, really anxious about my upcoming operation, I'm 16 and would be nice to get some support

Woulfie
Posted by

Hi Beanie Bones. 

Totally understand you feel anxious about your operation.  I hope it goes well  for you.

It is important to get support during this time. So do speak with friends and family.  The nurses where you are being treated will be able to point you in the right direction and Macmillan have lots of different support groups. There is also the Bone Cancer Research Trust.

Best wishes to you.

Nixie
Posted by

Hi beanie bones

You've been through so much already that you will have this licked as well. You sound so strong for your young years .

There is alot of support available, Macmillan being the main ones. Speak to them about your worries. They are great for comfort and their wealth of knowledge of what you are going through.

You are in the best hands.  our doctors are phenomenal.

Good luck with your op.  we are all rooting for you xxx

Nikki xxx