We understand that people with cancer are worried about coronavirus. Here is the latest guidance. We will update it regularly.

Bladder cancer

A place for people affected by bladder cancer to support one another, ask questions, and share their experiences.

Mum is coming home next week

BLANKET
Posted by

Winkers, any news on your mom?  hope all's well xxx

I usually go for a walk to calm me down, although these days it causes me more stress trying to dodge people.

winkers60
Posted by

Hi Blanket,I‘m going to phone the home later on as I don’t know how Mum is today.I don’t know when mum will get the Covid test results,they tested her at hospital.I was reading that some elderly people exhibit completely different symptoms to the usual ones listed.They have kept that quiet.My urologist is phoning tomorrow.Love Jane xx

Ourgirlinthenorth
Posted by

Hi Jane

I am thinking of you and your mum right now.  Sending Big virtual (((Hugs))) to you and also for your mum.

Take care and best wishes.

X

Ourgirlinthenorth 

Woodyl
Posted by

Hi Jane how is your mum today hope she is feeling better . Good luck with your urologist phone call tomorrow 

love Liz xx

Denby
Posted by

Here's a gardening question to divert you for a moment I hope. Waiting eagerly for seed potato sprouts to emerge, and today saw a pigeon descend to the bare earth area, pecking at any odd green leaves although these are only weeds atm. I have placed leafy cut bamboo twigs across the trenches but do you think we can do anything else to protect the potatoes as they emerge and hopefully grow? Yesterday it was sitting in the plum tree apparently trying to eat green embryo plums. That's when their coo-ing isn't waking me up far to early.

Crazy world, I go into a trance of joy watching the housemartins float, dart and wheel in the blue sky, but just get very cross with the pesky pigeons!

Denby

Teasswill
Posted by

Some sort of net cloche/tunnel springs to mind, but that depends on having materials available to make one. Any old net curtains?Or a cut out bird of prey on a stick? That's what the farmers use round here.

We get loads of pigeons too - been pecking at some grass seed I put down. I always over seed on the basis that some will survive!

winkers60
Posted by

Hi Ourgirlinthenorth,How nice to hear from you,I hope all is well ? Mum might be staying in the home a bit longer as there is a problem with our hot water.They are still waiting for her Covid test results and are looking after her in full ppe which mum finds distressing.I am busy trying to get things organised.Love Jane xx

winkers60
Posted by

Hi Liz,Staff say mum is ok apart from being agitated about their ppe.I have to chase up the social worker regarding the sitting service.I hope you are ok ? Love Jane xx

winkers60
Posted by

Hi Denby,Apparently pigeons don’t like the colour red,strong spices or mothballs.A spare cd as a scarer might work too.I wish I could get rid of all the starlings in the roof but that requires scaffolding and a large bill ! love Jane xx