We understand that people with cancer are worried about coronavirus. Here is the latest guidance. We will update it regularly.

Bladder cancer

A place for people affected by bladder cancer to support one another, ask questions, and share their experiences.

Mum is coming home next week

winkers60
Posted by

Hi everyone,Poor mum is currently on her way to hospital.The care home rang to say mum had been hard to rouse and she was complaining of stomach ache.They called 111 because they had noticed a swelling on mum’s head by her shunt.Paramedics came and assessed mum and were not happy so they decided she needed to be checked at hospital.I spoke to mum briefly and tried to reassure her.It’s horrible not being able to be with her as usual.I hope to find out more later on.Love to all Jane xx

Woodyl
Posted by

Hi Jane so sorry to read this about your mum it must be very worrying for you not being able to be with her. Thinking of you and hoping all is going to be ok take care 

love Liz xx

Wilbert
Posted by

So sorry to read this how awful for you both Sending love and prayers 

Wilbert xx

winkers60
Posted by

Thanks Liz,Not sure whether mum might end up in Southmead if it is a problem with the shunt.I know she hasn’t been feeling that well recently.The shunt has been in since June 2004 so we are suprised it’s lasted this long.I hope you are ok ? love Jane xx

winkers60
Posted by

Thanks Wilbert,It is a worry.I had a strong feeling that this would happen before mum came home.The staff at the home have been so kind,they are all fond of mum,she is such a character.I hope all is well with you ? Love Jane xx

Herothedog
Posted by

Sending love. Fingers crossed all will be well. xx 

winkers60
Posted by

Thanks H,It’s all very stressful.Love Jane xx

rily
Posted by

Hi Jane. Wishing Mum well . Sending you both my love and Best Wishes.

Best wishes to All,   rily.  What is a Community Champion ?

winkers60
Posted by

Thanks rily,Mum’s tests were ok but the hospital thought she had a urine infection.She went back to the home last night and has started antibiotics.It still doesn’t explain the swelling by her shunt though,so I am not entirely happy.Love Jane xx

Teasswill
Posted by

So sad to hear all this extra stress for you. Hope all will be well soon.

winkers60
Posted by

Thanks Teasswill,Have just rung for an update and mum supposedly ok this morning.I am concerned because the hospital missed a huge stroke on a previous scan and mum’s consultant at another hospital was annoyed about it.Apparently her shunt is draining ok according to yesterday’s tests.It’s so hard not being able to see her,she sounds feeble on the phone lately.Love Jane xx

lucy-l
Posted by

Not what you need right now Jane. Hopefully things will improve and your mum will be home with you very soon. 
Luce x

BLANKET
Posted by

Thinking of you both winkers xxx

winkers60
Posted by

Thanks Luce,No it is not what I need.Not being able to see mum is hard.She sounds frailer and looked it last time I saw her,but that was over 2 mths ago.Love Jane xx

winkers60
Posted by

Thanks Blanket,I have been gardening to try and stay calm.Love Jane xx