We understand that people with cancer are worried about coronavirus. Here is the latest guidance. We will update it regularly.

Bladder cancer

A place for people affected by bladder cancer to support one another, ask questions, and share their experiences.

I have a date with cystoscopy

Herothedog
Posted by

Hello all, I can confirm the screening wheels are turning in hospital departments once again. Bookings Team returned to work today, phoned at 9.15am and lucky old me got a flex date 28th at 1pm. Blessings on my CNS, who has supported me throughout with similar efficiency, and is always ready to listen and quick to act.

Administrator told me cystoscopies are only running one day a week, and I'm not sure that-is all day, since only afternoon appointments available. Apparently I now have to be contacted by the corona virus testing team and go to a specified testing hub within the 48 hours before my hospital appointment. It suddenly  feels a bit spooky and sci fi. I feel might be more anxious about the virus test than the cystoscopy. Or possibly anxious about both in turn. 

Best get out in the sunny garden and plant my Crown Prince squash. Sending love x

rily
Posted by

Hi H. Good to know things are starting to move, and great you have got a date. Hope all goes well and good luck with the testing. Best wishes.

Best wishes to All,   rily.  What is a Community Champion ?

winkers60
Posted by

Hi H,Glad to hear you have got a date now,I hope it all goes well.Love Jane xxx

Woodyl
Posted by

Hi that is good news that you got your appointment good luck hope all goes well x

BLANKET
Posted by

That's great news H!  Hopefully you'll find one more not so worrying thing to think about between now & then, then you won't have to worry about either of those evils.  I'm a great believer in you can only have one worry at a time, or do I mean that you can only feel one pain at a time?    

All the best xxx

Garviv
Posted by

Great news, good luck.

Garviv

gooluckall
Posted by

That is good news and ATB

Btw, where about is your hospital? Reason I ask is in London, the areas I'm in is a big, fat zero.

Cheers

Herothedog
Posted by

My treatment is at North Devon District Hospital. It's a small hospital serving a really wide area, much of it rural. It is constantly under threat from funding cuts, but it's really efficient and the Urology Department is top notch. My treatment has followed the NICE Guidelines to the letter. So grateful for our marvellous NHS. 

sueCC
Posted by

Great news H and fingers crossed for an all clear x

Sue Xx
gooluckall
Posted by

Many thanks H for letting me know where your hospital is - London is busy, busy, but the ruddy PPE saga carries on.

ATB

lucy-l
Posted by

Great news H, hope it’s a good outcome. X

Herothedog
Posted by

Telephone call this afternoon kind NHS woman giving  instructions for where and when to go for COVID testing. 48 hours ahead of my cystoscopy. Very clear letter from hospital instructing me to shield for 7 days ahead of my appt. Stay at home! In the meantime I have had to organize by telephone and from a 2 meter distance to fit some new 6 foot fencing for my chickens who are being stalked by a bengal cat from next door. There is something about country life that puts everything in perspective. Love to all.x

winkers60
Posted by

Hi Herothedog,It’s good that the cystoscopy preparations are progressing.I hope the chickens are safe now.It must have been tricky sorting out the fencing.Everything is made so complicated by the social distancing.Love Jane xx

foxbrush
Posted by

Good the you have a date H, good luck.  Interesting about the Covid test, wonder if its local or you have to travel a fair way?

Herothedog
Posted by

Hi foxbrush, the test is in a car park on an industrial estate on the outskirts of Barnstaple about 20 miles from my house. The hospital is on other side of B'staple also approx 20 miles. One thing I learned when I came to live in North Devon is that more or less everything seems to involve a substantial drive. I generally allow an hour travel to get anywhere for an appointment since you also have to expect a flock of sheep or herd of cattle in the road ahead and in current climate allow time to avoid wobbly inexperienced cyclists getting their exercise struggling along our hilly narrow lane