We understand that people with cancer are worried about coronavirus. Here is the latest guidance. We will update it regularly.

Bladder cancer

A place for people affected by bladder cancer to support one another, ask questions, and share their experiences.

How are we all doing ?

Pursy
Posted by

Had my TURBT today. It was really quiet in the car park and only 3 men waiting for Urology ops. Wife usually waits till I go down but she had to leave me at reception and no visiting either. I asked if I would have a chemo wash or a course of BCG and the consultant said they weren’t doing it due to the weakening of the immune system. He also said bladder removal was off the menu too as they might need the ITU beds. Glad I have managed to get it in before the sh-t hits the fan. Thinking of you all still waiting for their procedures

Pursy
AllotmentP
Posted by

That’s great news Pursy glad it went well and thanks for posting as waiting for mine after 2 cancellations keep well very best wishes

rily
Posted by

Well, the beard is not looking great so far. Unlike the dark haired guys who look cool after a few days, I am fair and so it is not really noticeable yet. I was hoping to get to the distinguished look by now, but my wife says I look like an old fashioned tramp. Wearing the same clothes for a week doesn't help with the image (Well the comfies I take off at bedtime are the nearest things to put on next day). Best wishes

Best wishes to All,   rily.  What is a Community Champion ?

Pursy
Posted by

Are you going for a full beard of a goatee

Pursy
BLANKET
Posted by

Hey Wilbert,

I've always called him Doris, I shouldn't really as it's an insult to all the Doris ladies out there.  I did call him something else once but got banned from twitter for a week, so now I just use the V word & it works quite well. 

I have a thing for tins, not beans or anything like that.  Although right now I wouldn't mind a few more of those sort of tins.  It began with a biscuit tin I got in the Boots 75% off sale, then I moved on to buying toiletries in tins.  MrB produced one this morning & it had BFD3 on it.  It was a programme called Big F****** Drums . It made me laugh though. . Sorry.

Glad that's out the way pursy!  It's what to do for the best innit, do we have it or risk a dose of Corona if we go in to hospital.  

Keep safe all xxx

rily
Posted by

Hi Pursy. Early days yet and it is still a bit patchy, so I will see how it goes. Best wishes.

k.man
Posted by

Good day all hope all are doing ok here guess same for us all not going out ..doing some gardening on the sunny days we're lucky to have at the moment. All the best to you all harry

Crustybladder
Posted by

Speaking of tins, we did a victuals audit yesterday to check how long we can survive without going shopping, assuming the shelves have been filled. Someone has been buying tinned peaches regularly and not using them. If push comes to shove, I'll be making peach liqueur as a hand sanitizer.

I'm off into the shed to build my own pot still out of the rubbish in the corner that never gets looked at. If you hear a loud bang from the Wiltshire direction, it'll be me.

CB

I may appear to be listening but in my head I'm all at sea. 

Teasswill
Posted by

Our ducks have started laying, so we're OK for eggs. We usually have to give loads away - perhaps will have to creep out at night & leave boxes on a few doorsteps...

BLANKET
Posted by

Ah CB you must've seen that on TV about the lady who made her husband a new leg as his assessment for a prosthetic limb was cancelled by the hospital.  I was well impressed!

How kind Teasswill, I thought about doing it with baked beans but I only have 1 tin in stock now.  I've been trying the cheap Lidl & Tesco ones for 22p, but I've been putting them into my mixes as I call them to make the food go further.  

take care all xxx

rily
Posted by

Hi All. Well, I have given up on the beard and had a shave. Just made me look old and feel old. My wife said if I sat in the shopping centre, people would throw money at me.  Stay safe everyone. Best wishes.

Teasswill
Posted by

If you were lucky, you might even get put up in a hotel!

BLANKET
Posted by

rily, me too!   I saw something glistening in the sunlight as I peered through the mirror, just a few stray hairs in a straight line that I'd obviously missed over a number of weeks .  

Nipped out for bread, had to practically do the lumbago to keep away from the shop assistant, should that be the limbo?  

So the PM has the virus 

rily
Posted by

Well, I have been waiting for weeks for my referral to urology about my ever growing hydrocele. It is not classed as urgent, so I won't be chasing them up at this time. Not urgent for them maybe, but for me, it feels like I am carrying a five pound bag of spuds in my undies. Still, if the worse comes to the worst, I can always get myself a wheelbarrow. . Stay safe everyone and keep smiling. Best wishes. 

winkers60
Posted by

Hi rily,I know they can grow enormous as I nursed a man with one years ago.Glad to see you have kept your sense of humour,we need one in times like these.I hope you don’t have to wait too long.Love Jane xx