We understand that people with cancer are worried about coronavirus.
Here is the
We will update it regularly.
Hi All I was scheduled to have second TURBT operation on Wednesday I just took a call to say the operation is cancelled indefinitely due to staff shortages and the hospital making more bed space for Corina virus patients. I have been preparing myself physically and mentally for the op on Wednesday the hospital staff it’s not their fault but I have been given no indication on when the op will be rescheduled...I am not sure if I should be self isolating or not ...all a bit concerning.
Hi AllotmentP, sorry to hear your TURBT has been cancelled, so frustrating when you are all geared up for it. I am expecting mine (March 27th) will be cancelled too. As I am 18 doses through the BCG protocol, which is immunotherapy, I am keeping away from gatherings and limiting social interaction. I guess we all have to do what seems right for our individual circumstances.
How disappointing! Following my Turbt to remove a superficial tumour last year I was told I required a flexible cystoscopy in January. It is now March 16th and I am still waiting. My first procedure was cancelled because a consultant was not available. I was given a second date but that was cancelled because of problems with the equipment to undertake the procedure. A week later I was told it could be May before a date was available. I was also informed I would be placed on the waiting list with a private hospital in Preston where I stood a better chance of an appointment albeit this was under the auspices of the NHS. I called the NHS waiting list office today and told again the equipment for my procedure was still defective. Unbelievable!!! I have still not been oven a date by the private hospital. Perhaps this may be an option for you.
Good luck Garviv
Sorry to here that your TURBT is cancelled.
I had my pre op yesterday and was surprised that no one was wearing masks. Was told that there is a possibility that my TURBT could be cancelled too. Just feel helpless like everyone I suppose.
Following my post yesterday I have been contacted by the private hospital in Preston that my flexible cystoscopy has been scheduled for 23rd March under the NHS. May be an option to explore for other members o the BC gang waiting for procedure appointments.
Stay well everyone
Hi,I’m glad you have finally got another date for your cystoscopy.I hope it all goes well.Love Jane x
Hi Pursey hope your op is not cancelled. NHS just announced all elective non urgent operations cancelled for 3 months but separately said cancer operations not postponed I will be chasing a new date up as my referral was classified as urgent. Keep well everyone best wishes
That’s great news hope op goes well. Best wishes
Safe payments by:
We're here to provide physical, financial and emotional support. So whatever cancer throws your way, we're right there with you.
© Macmillan Cancer Support
© Macmillan Cancer Support, registered charity in England and Wales (261017), Scotland (SC039907) and the Isle of Man
(604). Also operating in Northern Ireland. A company limited by guarantee, registered in England and Wales company
number 2400969. Isle of Man company number 4694F. Registered office: 89 Albert Embankment, London SE1 7UQ. VAT no: