We understand that people with cancer are worried about coronavirus. Here is the latest guidance. We will update it regularly.

Bladder cancer

A place for people affected by bladder cancer to support one another, ask questions, and share their experiences.

Coronavirus

Garviv
Posted by

Hello fellow BC friends.

Has anyone who is having current treatment been given any advice regarding BC and the Coronavirus?

I am hearing tonight the news that operations and out patient clinics may be cancelled because of the virus. 

Keep well everyone.

Garviv

rily
Posted by

Hi Garviv. Worrying times with lots of conflicting and sometimes scary information. I am waiting for a urology appointment for a non cancer related issue and have been told it could be up to 8 weeks wait, and that was before all this latest kicked off. I can only imagine things will get worse at the hospitals if things go as predicted. We can only hope. Best wishes.

Best wishes to All,   rily.  What is a Community Champion ?

Pursy
Posted by

I have a pre op on Monday and a TURBT On the 24th so should find out more on Monday. I am half expecting a cancellation.

Pursy
rily
Posted by

Hi . Early days yet, so hopefully all will go well for you. Wishing you well. Best wishes.

Garviv
Posted by

Hi Rily

As I previously posted I have been waiting fo a flexible cystoscopy since January with two cancellations already. I was told before the Coronavirus took off it outdoor be May before I have the procedure. Yes indeed worrying times but us BC stalwarts will carry on. Good luck with your appointment.

Garviv

Garviv
Posted by

Fingers crossed 

G

Herothedog
Posted by

Hi Garviv and Rily, I also wonder what will happen about our regular hospital check ups. I have heard elective surgery is likely to be cancelled but our visits are hardly elective are they? My next cystoscopy is booked March 27th. If all clear I would then have BCG doses 19-21 about a month later. Last 3 doses totally wiped out my resistance to cold/virus/ minor infections. It took me about 3 months to feel I was back to normal. April somehow doesn't feel like the appropriate moment to be overloading my immune system. Has any one heard what the medics are advising immune challenged patients? Best wishes to everyone. x

LUREA
Posted by

Hi

I am worried about this too! My dad who is 73 starts his chemo next wednesday, im really worried his treatment will weaken his immue system aswell. He thinks they may cancel it before next week but i really want him to still have it as obviously its necessary.

Such a worrying time! 

BLANKET
Posted by

Hi Garviv

I've got a letter for a referral to a new hospital but there was no appointments when I tried to book online.  It just said to contact them on 13th if I've not heard anything by then.  So I shall check the post about 2-ish as that's when the mail comes & see if there's anything, if not I'll call them & maybe they'll bet able to enlighten me.  Actually I've got 3 referrals altogether for various  & I wasn't able to book online with any of them, maybe it's just one of those things.

I heard that they'll just be treating urgent cases, whatever they will be is anyone's guess.    But I'm sure that some people may cancel hospitals visits themselves for fear of picking up the virus, so perhaps things may not be so bad.

I'll get back to you if I hear anything more, but it could effect different hospitals differently.

Garviv
Posted by

Yes Herothedog.

Uncertain times. It is the not knowing that is the problem!

Little or no information from the NHS

Just back from 18 holes of golf in ️Homemade Tandoori chicken with garlic naan and several glasses of red wine tonight so not all bad news

Garviv

rily
Posted by

All round to Garviv's tonight. Bring a bottle.  Lovely day for golf. Best wishes.

Crustybladder
Posted by

Sometimes a ruby and a bottle of red is the best medicine. The garlic and onion may not kill a virus but all other bacteria won't like them all all. I just wish my milkman would deliver rioja, it'd save me going out!

Chin chin!

CB

I may appear to be listening but in my head I'm all at sea. 

Teasswill
Posted by

I'll pass on the curry but the red wine sounds good. Forgot to put that on my grocery order this week, but it'll be on next week. Along with the hand wash & loo rolls they didn't have this week.....

Two of my patients cancelled today ( one sick, one age 98 fearful of virus). Wonder if there'll be any coming at all by the time I give up work end of May!

BLANKET
Posted by

My Health Centre's only doing appointments over the phone now.  The receptionist said that some hospitals are turning people away at the door.  She said if we have any appointments to ring the hospital nearer the time to see what's happening because things are changing by the day.  I was number 25 in the queue & I had a wait of 40 minutes, not bad considering.  Keep safe everyone x