We understand that people with cancer are worried about coronavirus. Here is the latest guidance. We will update it regularly.

Bladder cancer

A place for people affected by bladder cancer to support one another, ask questions, and share their experiences.

The Waiting Game

rily
Posted by

Hi . Sorry to hear things have progressed further than hoped, but even advanced bladder cancer can be treated successfully. Mine was muscle invasive and I went the radiotherapy route. Unfortunately, we have heard of some operations being postponed. It can depend on the hospital and they have to consider the risks with this virus. The scans will give them a much clearer picture of what they are dealing with. I hope things go well. Best wishes.

Best wishes to All,   rily.  What is a Community Champion ?

winkers60
Posted by

Hi Tenseman,I’m sorry that your wife is now facing a cystectomy.I was in terrible pain before my bladder was removed but that all disappeared after the operation.It is so difficult with the current virus situation but I’m sure they will do their best to get this done as quickly as possible.Best wishes Jane x

Wilbert
Posted by

Sorry to read this However many people on this site have experience to help Wether it be RC or chemotherapy and radiotherapy 

Dont give up hope Look at Rily who chose the chemo route Teaswill Winkers .and Crusty who went for RC and are still.alive.and kicking and enjoying  life 

It's hard I know but hang on in there 

Much love

Wilbert  xx

Teasswill
Posted by

This cancer business is very hard on the nearest & dearest who often feel powerless to help. Your role is try & keep things going normally, but try to second guess what the patient would like - talk or not talk, help to do things or no help. Easy, huh? Sometimes it's easier being the patient.

Anyway, yes, I had RC 8 years ago (age 57) & although it was a tough year, it now seems a short episode in the past. I was lucky enough to have a choice & am so glad I opted for surgery - especially in the current crisis, when I don't have to worry about tests & follow ups (although I do have annual check).

Feel free to ask any questions.