We understand that people with cancer are worried about coronavirus. Here is the latest guidance. We will update it regularly.

Bladder cancer

A place for people affected by bladder cancer to support one another, ask questions, and share their experiences.

The Waiting Game

fengirl
Posted by

That's really helpful Garvin, thank you...

I'm feeling quite panicky at the moment, I've been pretty laid back up until now...Phew...

Hope things are still ok for you..xx

Once you become aware, you can't become unaware....
Inanna
Posted by

Ha ha Fengirl that is why he will be called Basil x love John Cleese and remember Sybil use to shout Baassilll x Fawlty Towers love it

Love  Inanna 

I know that I don't know
Inanna
Posted by

Yep right there with you

Love Inanna 

I know that I don't know
Inanna
Posted by

Hi Fengirl 

Just to say I will be thinking of you tomorrow, hope all goes well x keep in touch 

Inanna xx

I know that I don't know
winkers60
Posted by

Hi Fengirl,I hope it all goes well tomorrow.Love and best wishes.Jane XX

fengirl
Posted by

Hi Inanna,

Thank's so much....Bit nervous to say the least..xx

Hope you're ok..xxx

Love Linda xx

fengirl
Posted by

Thank you Jane...

Hope you're ok too..xxx

Not sure I like this club, can we join another?.... xx

Love Linda...xxx

rily
Posted by

Hi Linda  ( ). So, the whirlwind of treatment begins tomorrow for you. Get the first one out of the way and the apprehension subsides as you know the drill. I am sure you will be fine. I hope it all goes smoothly for you. Best wishes.

Best wishes to All,   rily.  What is a Community Champion ?

Tenseman
Posted by

Love your gallows humour, hope basil didn't start doing any silly walks!

The delays between appointments is so emotinal, we saw the man for the five minute argument, next is the one who adds insult to injury with a long cold metal thingy. You want to put that up my what?

Inanna
Posted by

Hi Tenseman

Read your bio. My heart goes out to your wife.

Yes it is the waiting game that is the absolute pits, it is very cruel x after some chasing I saw my Consultant who apologised profusely for taking so long in seeing me.  Things are moving now.  On 17 Feb got my health assessment, got to ride an exercise bike which will be amusing.

Please keep in touch about your wife's progress 

Inanna xx

I know that I don't know
Wilbert
Posted by

My husband passed blood in his urine saw gp flowing day 7days later his bc was diagnosed at a one stop hematuria clinic Turbt followed 4 weeks later after a preop during that awful time The followed ct scan kidney and lung and 4 weeks later second turbt Three weeks after that bcg started Think we were lucky but I was very persistent with phone calls often quoting the Nice guidelines Now after 24 bcg treatments husband is going on to 6 monthly flexi checks 

Had a couple of hiccups on the way but survived The waiting is without doubt the worse part

Sending very best wishes

love

Wilbert xx

Tenseman
Posted by

We now have a date for TURBUT , 6 weeks wait. Although it's a long wait at least there is some certainty after being in the dark for a while.

winkers60
Posted by

It’s good that your wife now has a date.I’ve been able to be seen earlier by taking a cancellation place.The booking lady at my local hospital has always been very helpful so it might be worth finding out whether this is possible for your wife.6 weeks feels forever when you are waiting.Best wishes Jane 

Inanna
Posted by

At last the wait is over and that your wife now has a date even though there is a further 6 week wait, glad to see that you now know what's going on

Inanna xx

I know that I don't know
Tenseman
Posted by

My wife's mood has lifted a little with the date. She has been determined to see only the bleakest outlook. She has been strong, not needing to talk to others. I am struggling, not had such emotional depth before, she won't let the extended family know so I can't tell them why I am so tearful.