Bladder cancer

A place for people affected by bladder cancer to support one another, ask questions, and share their experiences.

Bladder cancer staging

headgardener
Posted by

Hello to all and thank you for your positive messages and advice. I think the specific nature of my cancer makes treatment options and prognosis a bit more complicated perhaps. I have squamous cell carcinoma which is apparently very rare , accounting for about 5% of bc types. Research and treatment is limited. Chemo is not felt to be effective although they may try it later along with immunotherapy. I think it's going to be a kitcken sink job - chuck everything at me!

I've got radiotherapy planned for January. Holiday first which I hope will be at least temporarily curative!

Best wishes to all.

Rich
headgardener
Posted by

Hi and thanks Jane. I'm pleased with the way I've progressed following the cystectomy. There'll be many of us who now have a stoma and that takes a while to get used to.

I had a lot of nerve pain which could be from the surgery or could be the cancer. It seems to be settling now so I'm really pleased and it suggests it stems from the surgical trauma.

And for a bonus I lost a stone. Back to walking the dog at a good pace so she's happy too!

Rich
rily
Posted by

Hi Rich. Sounds as though you have a good team looking after you. I have had my fair share of radiotherapy and it is nothing to worry about, so forget that for the time being and enjoy your holiday, hopefully somewhere warm. Best wishes.

Best wishes to All,   rily.  What is a Community Champion ?

winkers60
Posted by

Hi Rich,Glad to hear that you are progressing well since the cystectomy.I also had Squamous Cell Carcinoma.It has been hard to find information about it that isn't bleak.I am feeling much more comfortable since my bladder was removed though.I hope you have a good holiday.Jane XX