Bladder cancer

A place for people affected by bladder cancer to support one another, ask questions, and share their experiences.

Blood in urine

Garviv
Posted by

I had a rigid cystoscopy eleven days ago and my consultant said everything looked fine with no tumours and said I will have a flexible cystoscopy in four months. Since then I have had tingling when urinating. I have had three Turbt’s And two tumours removed. Each time tingling went away after the first 4/5 days. This time it has continued. I came back from playing golf this afternoon and when I started to urinate I had a spurt of blood for a short while. I have urinated three times since each with lighter blood in my urine. My GP is closed for. Staff training mmm Next appointment on line is Thursday evening. Rang Urology nurse but no reply. Tried 111 but gave up after 30 minutes on line. I feel well and have no temperature. Any thoughts?

Garviv

Herothedog
Posted by

I'm not a medic but unless it really bleeds a lot I wouldn't worry too much but definitely call my urology nurse in the morning. Great result from your rigid. Hope this is just a blip post surgery. xxx

Garviv
Posted by

Thank You so much

G

rily
Posted by

Hi Garviv. Sounds like you may have done a bit too much too early by playing golf. It takes up to 6 weeks for a wound to heal fully and around the 10 day mark, the scab stars to come away. The usual advice of plenty of water applies to keep things flushed out. Always best to let the medics know though. Best wishes.

Best wishes to All,   rily.  What is a Community Champion ?

rily
Posted by

Garviv. just to add. I played a lot of golf when I was going through treatment. I got to know every tree and bush on the course. Then one day I realised I had finished a round without having a pee. Things can get better. Happy days. Best wishes.

Best wishes to All,   rily.  What is a Community Champion ?

Garviv
Posted by

Thanks Rily

Still peeing blood but have managed to get an appointment with GP at 4.30pm today.

Garviv

winkers60
Posted by

Hi Garviv,I hope your bleeding stops soon and that you get on well at the doctor's.It is easy to overdo it after a TURBT and not really realise.I once had a bladder haemorrhage exactly a month after one.It was very frightening and happened on a bank holiday weekend.After that experience I avoided heavy lifting or anything too strenuous for 6 weeks after a TURBT.Thank you so much for your good wishes for my histology results.Best wishes.Jane XX

Garviv
Posted by

Thank You Jane

This online community is wonderful. I will heed your advice and take it easy

Garviv