Bladder cancer

A place for people affected by bladder cancer to support one another, ask questions, and share their experiences.

Histology results tomorrow

winkers60
Posted by

Hi,I'm off to Bristol tomorrow to find out the histology results.In some ways I feel more apprehensive about this appointment than when I was diagnosed.I had guessed that I had cancer so although it was a shock it wasn't a suprise.I would be interested to hear people's experiences of getting their histology results.Best wishes.Jane XX

Herothedog
Posted by

After my first scan the lovely ward urology doc said " prepare for the worst and hope for the best" and I've followed his advice. I've had 3 lots of histology results all at different grades. None of them made my heart sing but the amazing range of treatments available for free from the NHS definitely helps! Sending you love with my fingers crossed. H x

Crustybladder
Posted by

Hello Jane,

I've been there today for my annual scan, and all was functioning as usual. I have my fingers crossed for you.

CB

What if the Hokey Cokey IS what it's all about?

winkers60
Posted by

Thanks Herothedog,I follow the same advice.Unfortunately due to having a squamous cell cancer the treatment options are limited.When we met the surgeon my sister asked if I would be cured by cystectomy and he said it depended on tumour spread.I was told back in 2005 when the pre-cancerous changes were found that I would be put under cancer surveillance.My urologist said that they couldn't predict which patients with these changes would get cancer,only that it was a much rarer aggressive type with a tendency to spread.It's taken 14 years for the changes to turn cancerous but I'm coping well without the bladder.In fact I don't miss it at all,it's caused me nothing but pain since my early 20's and I am 59 now.Fingers crossed that the news will be good tomorrow and I can continue improving.Love Jane XX

winkers60
Posted by

Thanks CB,Glad everything was ok for you today.Love Jane XX

Inanna
Posted by

Hi Jane

I will be thinking of you tomorrow

Love Inanna xx

I know that I don't know
winkers60
Posted by

Thanks Inanna,I hope your scan goes well tomorrow.Love Jane XX

sueCC
Posted by

Hoping to hear good things winkers Xx

Sue Xx
winkers60
Posted by

Thanks Sue xx

Garviv
Posted by

Good luck! 

Garviv

Wilbert
Posted by

Good  luck for tomorrow  everything crossed  for you We have just had a  phone call Mr W has a flexi tomorrow Had to chase up the appointment it should have been here when we returned  from holiday but it wasnt 

Feeling rather sick at the moment Scanxiety 

love

Wilbert  xx

Inanna
Posted by

I do hope Mr W's flexi goes well and that that you had a good holiday

Will be thinking of you tomorrow

Love Inanna xx

I know that I don't know
k.man
Posted by

Hi Jane my thoughts and best wishes go out to you for tomorrow harry x

lucy-l
Posted by

Hi Jane, a bit late answering this but hope it went well at your appointment. Waiting is the worst bit, hopefully now you will have a plan of action.

x

lucy-l
Posted by

Hope things go well today for Mr W. X