Bladder cancer

A place for people affected by bladder cancer to support one another, ask questions, and share their experiences.

Recovery from cystectomy

lucy-l
Posted by

Thinking of you Jane and hope you continue to improve.

Best wishes Luce x

winkers60
Posted by

Thanks Harry,I am improving gradually.Love Jane XX

winkers60
Posted by

Thanks Luce,I'm much better than last week.It's an up and down recovery but I'm eating more and putting back the weight I lost post op.

Love Jane XX

winkers60
Posted by

Thanks Lugsy,I've tried hard to keep positive but realistic.It's so good not to have the excruciating bladder pain & obstructive symptoms any more.Love Jane XX

BLANKET
Posted by

So glad to hear that you're feeling better Jane x.

I've just eaten a piece of cake on your behalf 

Inanna
Posted by

So glad that you are not suffering pain.

Good news 

Love Inanna xxx

I know that I don't know
winkers60
Posted by

I love cake xx

winkers60
Posted by

Thanks Inanna,I still have the odd abdominal twinge but it's not too bad at all.How is your recovery going ? XX

Inanna
Posted by

Feeling pretty relaxed at the mo, got a Thorax CT on Tuesday and not thinking too much about the results x giving myself some gentle time

Love Inanna xx

I know that I don't know
winkers60
Posted by

The waiting around for results is never easy.I get mine on Tuesday and am trying to keep occupied until then.I hope your ct scan goes well.I will be thinking of you on Tuesday.Love Jane XX

JennyJJ
Posted by

Just heard from hospital with appointment for January 7 th. I assume Xmas might have slowed things down but that will be 11weeks post RC. Fingers crossed for good histology results. Glad you are beginning to feel better

Inanna
Posted by

And I will be thinking of you on Tuesday

Love Inanna xx

I know that I don't know
Inanna
Posted by

My fingers are crossed for you too Jenny xxxxx

Love Inanna

Xxxx

I know that I don't know
winkers60
Posted by

Hi Jenny,That's a long time to wait.It sounds like you say as if Christmas has slowed the appointment time down.I hope you can both keep yourselves occupied until then.It's so hard having to wait.Today I'm filing some paperwork for mum as she cannot see at the moment due to cataract's.I am trying not to think too much about getting my histology results.The prognosis for Squamous cell carcinoma is not great so I am uncertain about the future.Love to you both.Jane XX

winkers60
Posted by

Thanks Inanna.xx