Bladder cancer

A place for people affected by bladder cancer to support one another, ask questions, and share their experiences.

So comforting.....

virgolady
Posted by

Hello Everyone,

It's been a long while since I posted anything, but I am still here, lurking and reading everything.

My partner's RC was 15 months ago and he is doing OK, although the ups and downs continue, and there are still ongoing challenges in what is now the new normal.

This illness is life-changing, not just for patients but for their partners and families too, and this forum continues to give me so much comfort. I would like to thank all of you amazing people who so generously share your stories and experiences to help others. I am sure there are many more like me, the silent readers, who find it reassuring to know that there are other people out there travelling on this same path and that we are not alone.

I send everyone reading this my very best wishes,

Virgolady.

Crustybladder
Posted by

Hi Virgolady,

Good to hear from you and that himself is doing ok. Is he allowed out alone yet? Is he biking regularly? Doing the things we enjoy best is good for our collective well being.

That said, senior management still furrows her brow when I suggest we go to the pub at 4pm on a Tuesday afternoon. Hey ho!

CB

What if the Hokey Cokey IS what it's all about?

sueCC
Posted by

Ahh, nice to hear from you virgolady, and pleased to hear himself is doing kinda ok. Love and hugs to you both x

Sue Xx
virgolady
Posted by

Thank you Sue xx

Yes, CB, going out alone is allowed and he is clocking up plenty of biking miles.

You have become a bit of a legend in our house, with himself mentioning you quite often!

By the way, ALWAYS listen to senior management - they are senior for a reason!!

Take care

Virgolady.