Bladder cancer

A place for people affected by bladder cancer to support one another, ask questions, and share their experiences.

pelvic exentration and ileostomy

lousia2000
Posted by

Hi everyone

I have to have a total pelvic exentration in 2 days so i have to have ileostomy and colostomy 

I just want to know how its like to have those bags and ...

Thanks

Crustybladder
Posted by

Hi Louisa2000

That's a big op you're having and I wish you well with it. Most of us baggies here manage one bag for our urostomy. I can say that after over two years, it's just another part of my life now and changing the bag is a doddle.

You'll get lots of training from the stoma nurses so you can cope with both bag types. That said, if you have any queries on the ileostomy front, do ask us, I'm sure one of us will have the answer.

Good luck!

CB

What if the Hokey Cokey IS what it's all about?

lousia2000
Posted by

Hi thank you for your answer 

I talked to my surgeon 2 hours ago about my bags and they told me some how the same 

Thank you so much again 

And good night

lousia2000
Posted by

Hi thank you for your answer 

I talked to my surgeon 2 hours ago about my bags and they told me some how the same 

Thank you so much again 

And good night

sueCC
Posted by

Oh my Lousia  so young to be having this op, my heart goes out to you. Sorry I’ve no info but didn’t just want to scroll past. Sending hugs to you x

Sue Xx
lousia2000
Posted by

thank you so much dear sue

it means a lot to me thank you so so much 

sueCC
Posted by

Just bumping this up for you Lousia as I was hoping some people with experience of this would be along to give you some information. Sending you hugs x

Sue Xx
rily
Posted by

Going by other posts in other groups, Lousia is in for a big op tomorrow. Wish you well Lousia. Best wishes.

Best wishes to All,   rily.  What is a Community Champion ?

sueCC
Posted by

I saw that a Rily, poor poor girl, wishing her all the best x

Sue Xx
lousia2000
Posted by

Thank you so much

Herothedog
Posted by

Thinking of you Louisa, best of luck. xxx

Lugsy
Posted by

Good luck louisa2000 today , all the best going forward.

BLANKET
Posted by

Hi louisa, 

We shall all be waiting here for you xxx

lucy-l
Posted by

Good luck Lousia, I’ll be thinking of you.

Luce x

Catcatcat
Posted by

Hope all has gone smoothly today Louisa, thinking of you x

Keep positive, keep fighting, but it's also ok to have days when you are not ok x