Bladder cancer

A place for people affected by bladder cancer to support one another, ask questions, and share their experiences.

Exhausting

Lugsy
Posted by

Hi Catcatcat, I think you are doing amazing, mentally and physically it's so draining and only people in similar positions or experience will understand. With children to look after and all other committments it's not easy as fighting cancer is a full time job in itself. 

Mentally I find I'm on top of the world then a setback knocks you for six. I have promised my daughter when everything is sorted we will have a really good family holiday. Maybe have a target like that to aim for.

Good luck with your results coming up , all the best.

Catcatcat
Posted by

Hi Thank you and yes, I have told the children that maybe next year we will go to Spain on a family holiday.  It will make a change to the usual campervan camping trips, although we do love them too!!!

xx

Keep positive, keep fighting, but it's also ok to have days when you are not ok x
BLANKET
Posted by

You could go camping in Spain!  

Station1
Posted by

Hi Catcatcat, 6wks BCG completed also and yup very exhausting, reading your post , I would say your a Hero and doing the best you can, The Sunshine helps and although I have a list of things needed to be done, I just plan to do one thing a day ,you have gotta give yourself a break and make things as easy as poss and give yourself a treat now and then. Take care and hope all goes well for you,

Catcatcat
Posted by

Thank you   I will take your advice and try to slow down a bit.  

When did you finish your BCG treatment?  What's your next treatment plan? Good luck with your recovery x

Keep positive, keep fighting, but it's also ok to have days when you are not ok x
Station1
Posted by

Hello Catcatcat, just finished 6 weeks and a break now till they have a look, like yourself, so no further plan made till after a review cystoscope. Sort of behind you, Does slow you down a lot and everyone has individual reactions to the treatment. Also the stress of waiting for the next treatment and results. The Staff and nurse are brilliant and always a phone call away if needed.

Focused on completing one job a day, The sunshine and Family, grandchildren and taking time out to relax a bit. Keep smiling and looking for a recovery through the treatment. Allow others to help take any pressure off that gives you time. Take care and hope your on the mend X. Keep in touch helps  everyone here.  

Lizzie girl
Posted by

My husband was on his 5 th treatment 2 weeks ago & he was told they didn’t have any BCG because of a global shortage 

Lizzie girl 
Catcatcat
Posted by

Thanks for your reply ,

Good to hear from someone at the same stage as me, we will get through this together.

Keep in touch and take it easy xx

Herothedog
Posted by

I had heard that they were experiencing a shortage in parts of USA. Was hoping that won't be the case in UK. Are you in UK Lizzie? 

Lizzie girl
Posted by

No we’re in the states 

Lizzie girl 
Herothedog
Posted by

I read on Inspire website that BCG is more available in some states than others. Not sure why. Hope it becomes available soon. Best of luck. x

Lizzie girl
Posted by

Thank you  

Lizzie girl 
Catcatcat
Posted by

, I do hope they can source some more and continue his treatment.  Best Wishes to your Husband.

Catcatcat
Posted by

Hi All,  Well tomorrow is the day I go back into hospital for general anaesthetic/camera and hopefully just biopsies.  Or another TURBT if they find anything else!

6 weeks BCG treatment and a 7 week break, I still feel poorly and shattered.  At least I will know when I wake up tomorrow.

MaryQ
Posted by

Hi Catcatcat

Today I was thinking about you all and you in particular, as the date had stuck in my mind.  I really hope you get the best possible answer by the end of tomorrow and that they give you TLC as well.

It is so grim feeling poorly all the time and the fatigue that goes on and on...

This comes with a big hug and handhold

MaryQ xox