Bladder cancer

A place for people affected by bladder cancer to support one another, ask questions, and share their experiences.

Just starting the long road to cure and hoping.

fasteddie
Posted by

Hi folks this is a new and very scary thing for My Wife and i. I had been out working in my garden and cutting the grass. I had not drank much that day and was in need of some water. After having drank some within two or three minutes i had to pee and did so all went well. Then less that five minuetes later i had to go again. Knowing this was not norm for me for some reason i felt i should catch the pee and did so. It was bright red i showed it to my Wife who is an EMT and she said we need to go to the ER where they did blood and urine tests which we had to wait 4 days for. I then got scheduled to see a urologist CT scan etc. Saw the doctor he said we think the tumor in your bladder is cancer we want to do a TURBT within a week. That was done i am recovering from that i go back 2morrow for the results and stage. I see some folks have had three TURBT. I hope to live a long life my Wife and i are 69 years old hoping to travel etc. hope this is a temp road block we can knock down. Thanks for listening

rily
Posted by

Hi fasteddie and welcome to the group, although I am sure you would rather be joining more jolly groups. Saying that, you will get support and advice here. We all know how scary the early days of uncertainty can be, and waiting for results are always the worst times. Good to sense you have a positive attitude towards this. I hope you are not having any unpleasant after effects of your TURBT. When you get your results, we should be able to help you with what may come next. The earlier this thing is caught, the better. Always a good idea to have someone with you to take notes at appointments as you can be overwhelmed with information that is easy to forget. Let us know how you get on. There is always someone here to answer questions, or to just listen. Many of us have been there and come out the other side. Best wishes.

Best wishes to All,   rily.  What is a Community Champion ?
fasteddie
Posted by

Thanks Rily: Sure good to be able to talk to folks who have benn thru the process. I will reach out for comfort as i go. Tomorrow we meet the doctor to find out the grade. He told my Wife after myTURBT that he removed a tumor and three other Lesions and that he felt great great great that sure made us feel better.