Bladder cancer

• 13 replies
  • 71 subscribers

Hello all

I am a 48 male living in dagenham essex ²

It tore me apart looking at the video screen whilst camera inside , 4 tumors were there .. flat egg shaped . I have had turbt on 20th November saying it is localised to right wall of bladder.  had 1 dose of chemotherapy blue bottle for 1 hr .. waiting now to see if its spread .. I know its only been 3 weeks since removed but I am worried if it is spread.  Lockdown is looming and it seems I am not getting any reply from hospital .

I have been fobbed off many times by GP and can't get hold of hospital wing . 

I have been back at work for 1 week Construction site manager.. but seems as though I still have same symptoms as before peeing every hour and painfull lower back pain and under rib . I have had no one sits me down and explain or advice what is expected.

Is this usually how it is after surgery.  I had to get surgeon to advice what he thinks but obviously he can't be definitive as waiting still for results to come back.

Any info on symptoms expected after surgery would be appreciated. 

Thank you in advance 

Terry 

• Hi Terry 1 and another welcome to the group from me, reading what's bothering one another and offering support is what we're here for. And though I write from foggy east midlands now I will always be an ESSEX GIRL!  [Made my OH watch one episode of Towie just so he would know what people were on about and it was filmed right down the road from my Mum's!] NB I do NOT do fake tan or heavy make-up!!!

Have you read the other threads about irritant foods and what to drink [lemon barley]? may not cure the symptoms but may help manage them a little.

best wishes, 

Denby

• Evening all

I had turbt surgery dec 21.. i was informed by a doctor I had never seen before that no cancer detected on a follow up visit in Jan 22. Something inside me knew that something was not right I should have asked more qquestions back then I was left a bit stunned should have been estatic but I couldn't it was like an anticlimax, I was still in pain it it was approx 8 weeks after surgery and I knew something still wasn't right....

5 months later went for a follow up appointment 3rd May to find mutliple lessions had returned over the same area of the thickened wall the surgeon who originally see me told me the previous test results were inconclusive (can tumors grow back this quick and why tell me its clear when it was inconclusive) i have now had a Biopsy done 2 weeks ago and now I seem to have a constant dull pain and passing blood clots more ..Uinating ever hour on the dot through the night/day

I have been going with this for Best part of 2 years and have got no answers resolved so I feel no better off except kidney scrapped twice which has hardened the wall further making my disocomfort worse 

I was told they can't rule out cancer but at moment need further tests.????

It's all very frustrating when they have taken away over 6-8 lesions  and can't give an answer on what it is..  I don't need any reply to this  just wanted to sound off a bit 

Thanks Terry 

• Hi Terry,I hope you get some answers from your biopsy results.Best wishes Jane