Worried cancer is back

• 2 replies
  • 50 subscribers

My husband was diagnosed with bladder cancer in September 2020, he had surgery to remove the large tumour and so far has had 12 BCG treatments.  We were told at the start that the type of cancer it is there is a high chance of it coming back.  He has had blood in his urine for a few weeks and has just finished his 4 round of antibiotics for re-occurring infections.  He is having a cystoscopy next Monday morning so we will know what is going on inside his bladder but I am so worried the cancer is back and feel like we have gone back nearly 2 years.  Sorry for this post but I just needed to off load.  

• Hello and welcome to the group. No need for any apologies, that's what we are all about.. we support each other. Sorry to hear your husband may have a recurrence after all this time. Unfortunately we know BC has a habit of coming back and some people have more than others. We also know that BCG can cause infections and inflammation and also blood in urine. Only the cystoscopy will give the answers. The positive is that we are checked regularly and if any recurrences occur, they will be caught early. I hope it works out ok, but keep us posted on the outcome. Best wishes.

Best wishes to All,   rily.

Community Champion Badge

What is a Community Champion ?

• No need for apology Yellow29. This is an ideal place to offload.

It is hard to read of people struggling but i know it often helps. 

Your husband is having a Cystocopy next monday when you should know for sure where you stand.

Try and keep up the brave face of support i know you will probably be showing. And if need be off load some more here.

I am useless at the cystocpies. I don't know if i tense up too much or what but the last lady that did mine got the right hump with me cos i was moaning every time she moved it. It was making me laugh in the end that i was keeping quiet so she wouldn't get the hump any more.

Try not to fret too much and try and do things to distract between now and monday. 

Please do post again and let us know how you're both doing. 

Regards ....Del.