Bile duct cancer

A support group for anyone affected by bile duct cancer to come together, share experiences, and ask questions.

After surgery not chemo yet

Tire guy
Posted by

Mom has been diagnosed with bile duct cancer since February. Removed duct half of liver gallbladder. Back to back surgeries and 45 days after she was finally out of hospital. She’s doing well...praise God! :) she has lost 35 lbs...went to hospital mon. And finally talkin to oncologists soon. Been a tough row to ho ...can anyone give me a heads up on what’s coming? 

Jasper1962
Posted by

Hi Tire Guy

Please read my profile and find comments I have posted. This time last year my husband (55) had been through  tough surgery and had complications. Eventually he had chemo and again it was gruelling. We both believe that his determination to be positive and as active as he could manage was the extra boost that got him through. We are now 15 months since the op and 3 months since the chemo finished. All his weight has come back and everyone says they cannot believe how well he looks. We have been to Spain for a week and are getting into a regular routine again. It is life changing but it is life and we have started to embrace our new chapter. There is hope and there are challenges but if you are strong together I hope you will had some of our luck. For your mum will be very tired and weary. For you there will be a lot of questions and you may find that nothing seems to be happening. Let us know how it's going and we send our love and prayers to you all. 

Tire guy
Posted by

God bless you

Dudley64
Posted by

I had similar surgery to your mother in January- bile ducts removed, half of my liver and gallbladder. I then had both ovaries remove in April. I have just finished my first cycle of chemo. Cisplatin and gemcitabine. The only side effect so far has been tiredness, however, I did ‘walk’ the 10k Race for Life yesterday. 

I have this week off, although I’m having an iron infusion and back to my second cycle next week. 

Good Luck to your mother as she goes forward in her recovery x