Acute lymphoblastic leukaemia

A support group for anyone affected by acute lymphoblastic leukaemia (ALL) to come together, share experiences, and ask questions.

Epilepsy following cranial radiotherapy. Can I get any recompense for this?

Srandy
Posted by

I got epilepsy following cranial radiotherapy.  Can I get any recompense for this?  I was not warned about this potential side-effect and it has ruined parts of my life.  Is there anything I can do, like getting compensation or something.  I saw a neurologist after the initial first fit, and the scan showed scarring to the brain.  I asked if this had been the cause, and they replied that they were 99.9% sure that this is what had caused the epileptic fit.

Paul1969
Posted by

Hi Srandy and welcome to the group. Sorry you find yourself here..

i had treatment for ALLmbut I didn’t have radiotherapy so I am not familiar with the treatment protocols or possible side effects. I am sure someone who may have had this sort of treatment will be along soon and may be able to help you more than me.

in the meantime you could try calling the support line On 0808 808 00 00 which is open Monday to Friday, 9am-8pm and is free to call as they may be able to help you.

Paul

Paul

What is a Community Champion?

You can speak to someone in confidence by calling Macmillan Support on 0808 808 0000 - 365 days a year 8am to 8pm It's free from mobiles and landlines. The friendly team are waiting to take your call.