Acute lymphoblastic leukaemia

A support group for anyone affected by acute lymphoblastic leukaemia (ALL) to come together, share experiences, and ask questions.

High dose MTX

Harold.B
Posted by

hi 

my daughter (8) was diagnosed with ALL 4 weeks ago. 

Has anyone any experience with the HDMTX treatment instead of the  standard interim maintenance on regimen a for standard risk as per the ukall trial?

not sure if i want her to go through it if there is no benefit. 

Thanks in advance. 

Thehighlander
Posted by

Hi  and welcome to the Online Community but always sorry to see folks finding us. I am Mike  and I am just dropping in past from our Lymphoma forum just to say hi.

I am so sorry to hear about your daughter being diagnosed with ALL and as I had a totally different journey and type of blood cancer I have no real life experience with regards to this treatment but lets look for some of the ALL folks to pick up on your post.

This may not be a consolation but during my various treatments I did make good friends with a 60+ man who had ALL, this is very unusual but he came through it well regardless of his age.

We also have our Expert Caroline who works in all things Leukaemia.

It would be really useful if you could put something into your profile as this does help others when replying to you or for those looking for support and information as they can read a bit about your cancer journey so far.

Just click on your username and then select 'Edit Profile' under the 'Profile Settings'. If you're not sure what sort of thing to put just click on my username, Thehighlander to read my profile but my one is a touch like War and Peace ;)

I wish you and your daughter all the best on this journey and we are always around to help out.

Mike - Thehighlander

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela