Acute lymphoblastic leukaemia

A support group for anyone affected by acute lymphoblastic leukaemia (ALL) to come together, share experiences, and ask questions.

Husband diagnosed with AML and ALL

Kerwayn
Posted by

Hi ive just joined, and this is my first post, sorry if it’s a bit of a ramble. My husband thought he had tonsillitis, last week we were on holiday. Husband didn’t feel great GP sent him to hospital, he has been diagnosed with AML and ALL we have been informed that this is super rare. Is there anyone out there that has this. 

Paul1969
Posted by

Hi Kerwayn

Sorry you find yoursef posting here. You must both be in complete shock! I have only had the ALL part of the diagnosis your husband has been given. That was 6 years ago and following a stem cell transplant in 2013 I am now doing really well.

i don’t know if anyone else will be along who has had both but feel free to ask any questions you may have regarding the ALL side of things.. 

Good luck to you both 

Paul

Paul1969
Posted by

As a thought also try posting in the stem cell transplant forum. Whilst you are not at that stage yet and it may not be the route your husband follows there will be a lot more people who have had a lot of different experiences with leukaemia that may be of help. 

Paul

Thehighlander
Posted by

Good shout Paul, worth casting the net far and wide.

The link for the Stem Cell Transplant (SCT) forum is at the bottom of my post.

Mike - living my new life and trying to make a difference

'Some journeys take us far from home. Some adventures lead us to our destiny' C. S. Lewis

SCT    NHL    T Cell     Community Champion