Acute lymphoblastic leukaemia

A support group for anyone affected by acute lymphoblastic leukaemia (ALL) to come together, share experiences, and ask questions.

C diff tummy bug

Jalola
Posted by

Hi all .... just on the off chance , did anyone get the c diff tummy bug/diarhea during their treatment? 

I am on day 6 of antibiotics.... I'm also neutropenic, and it has not improved.  Is this normal after 6 days of antibiotics, for it to still be here? 

Many thanks

Jalola x

Thehighlander
Posted by

Not me Jalola but a day or so before your course of Antibiotics are finishing call your Cancer Nurse and tell them.

Remember you body is all over the shop and as your immune system is not functioning that well some Antibiotics will just not do the job.

I did have Helicobacter Pylori, a bacteria that developed ulcers and stomach inflammation and the 3 pack antibiotics I was given for the HP were horrendous and put me in bed for a week..... but eventually it come ok xx

Mike - Thehighlander

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Lavery
Posted by

Hi Jalola 

I got it after treatment in fact last year and I recall it Di take some time to go and settle down even after the spe pensive antibiotics my consultant prescribed..

Best wishes 

Charlene

Keep positive ......Charlene
Kraken
Posted by

This sounds horrible