Stem Cell Transplant

• 13 replies
  • 9 subscribers

Hi everyone!

I am due a stem cell transplant on th 9th Feb because my ALL relapsed last year.

Im facing atleast 6 weeks in hospital, 2 hours from any family and still no visitors allowed.

Does anyone have any advice or experiances that they think might be helpful? Anything i should take in with me that you found helpful? Did anyone maintain any level of physical activities, whilst being in hospital? 

Thanks in advance Slight smile

• no need to apologise. As you have said sometimes the stem cell transplant don't work. There are people I know who have had a successful second transplant after a failed first attempt. 

Paul

What is a Community Champion?

You can speak to someone in confidence by calling Macmillan Support on 0808 808 0000 - 365 days a year 8am to 8pm It's free from mobiles and landlines. The friendly team are waiting to take your call.

• Thank you Paul for your email. My 24 years old son had stem cell transplant two months

ago and he was doing well but all in sudden he felt unwell so he was admitted in the hospital but his condition getting worse rather then improving and was sent to ICU. He has been in ICU on the ventilator and requires 50% oxygen They are doing further to see what  is going on with his lungs, I very worried, it will be very helpful if some share their experience 

Ghaz

•  Sorry to hear this and I have everything crossed for him.

I would try posting in the Stem Cell forum which you can do by clicking **HERE**

There will be lots of people with many different experiences which may help you.

Feel free to read about the ups and downs I went through during treatment by clicking on my profile **PAUL**

Paul

What is a Community Champion?

You can speak to someone in confidence by calling Macmillan Support on 0808 808 0000 - 365 days a year 8am to 8pm It's free from mobiles and landlines. The friendly team are waiting to take your call.