Looking for Travel insurance HELP !

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 19 subscribers

Looking for a cost effective Travel Insurance, without taking out a mortgage...

• Hi

Unfortunately, as you have found, it can be more difficult to find reasonably priced travel insurance when you have a cancer diagnosis. 

I don't know whether you've looked through the Recommended Travel Insurance thread yet as it's where the majority of recommendations from other forum members are. Clicking on the link I've created will take you directly to it if you haven't seen it. 

It is best to phone the travel companies rather than try and do online quotes. Make sure you have all the information to hand about your diagnosis and treatment before contacting the insurers. This is a list of common questions that insurers might ask when you're applying for insurance.

Some insurers will ask for a letter from your doctor to prove that they have given you permission to travel. In any case it's always best to check with your doctor that it's okay to travel and that this has been recorded in your notes in case of a claim.

I do hope that you can get reasonably priced travel insurance and do come back and let us know how you got on

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"