Travel Insurance

• 1 reply
  • 20 subscribers

I joined the group to try and get help with recommendations for the above for my husband who has recently had successful treatment for lung cancer ,he also has pre=existing conditions i.e  a heart attack 23 years ago which resulted in a stent being fitted, he has not had any problems since He also has mild c.o.p.d I was recommended a company by  WHICH magazine that would do cancer related exclusion policies. We went through all the screening and I asked for quotes with and without the cancer. The chap gave me both and there was a huge difference although still a lot of money without the cancer. I was about to purchase the cheaper option but asked to read the policy wording . I was a bit anxious as there was a clause in the medical section which stated that  should you decide not to pay the additional premium for an existing condition your policy may be treated as if it never existed and or your claims may be rejected or not fully paid. also if you declare some conditions and not others your policy may be cancelled or treated as if never existed.    Iwas angry that this wasn't pointed out when I enquired and the chap would have let me go ahead and buy the policy which could have proved worthless in the event of my husband having a problem with his other conditions that we had thought would be covered. It is all so frustrating, we are now faced with having to pay a huge premium for him to have a much needed holiday even though he is very well.  I hope ths helps others to check the wording on any policies they are considering. 

• Hi

Thank you for your reminder that it's important to read the terms and conditions of a policy before you buy it.

I'm not sure from your post if you have purchased travel insurance yet but, if not, take a look through the Recommended Travel Insurance thread as it's where we try to keep recommendations from other forum members who have obtained travel insurance. Clicking on the link I've created will take you directly to it if you haven't seen it. 

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"