Travel during chemo

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 3 replies
  • 19 subscribers

Hi all

As you can see I'm new to the group - thank you for letting me join.  I hope its I'm in the right group for anything travel related but please direct me if not.

We were due to travel to Orlando in October but sadly dad has had a very unexpected diagnosis of incurable prostate cancer.  He is due to start chemo in September so our Orlando trip has been postponed and he is really upset about it all.  Doc has said travel in this country whilst in chemo is fine but I'm worried about how he will react - does anyone travel during treatment please?

Also we are going to Spain next week and we have ALLCLEAR as travel insurance who have been brill about his diagnosis and didnt have a penny added whilst only on ht.  This may change after chemo however :-(.

Thanks

• Hi and welcome to the travel insurance group

I'm really sorry to hear about your dad's recent diagnosis. It must be devastating news for all the family.

I think it would be a good idea to post your question about travelling while having chemotherapy to the members of the prostate cancer group as this group tends to focus on getting travel insurance. Having said that someone in this group may have been in the same position as your dad and will pop along to share their experiences.

If your present travel insurance company won't cover your dad anymore then I'd recommend that you have a look through the recommended travel insurance thread as there are lots of recommendations there from others who have successfully got reasonably priced travel insurance. Clicking on the link I've created will take you directly to it if you want to take a look.

I hope your dad feels up to a holiday with you all in this country and that you have a great time.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to latchbrook

Hi latchbrook

Thank you.  I am a member of the prostate group so will post on there too.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to latchbrook

Hi latchbrook

Thank you.  I am a member of the prostate group so will post on there too.