Boots insurance

• 4 replies
  • 20 subscribers

Noted Boots get good mentions on this site.Last November when my insurer refused to cover me for anything just because a second gastroscopy was planned and before lymphoma was  diagnosed I did online searches .The two cheapest were underwritten by the same company that Boots used. As I was about to buy the press reported that this underwriter was being investigated by the FCA and its doctors were being investigated by the GMC. I have heard no more on this .But cheapest is often for a reason.

• Hi and welcome to the travel insurance group.

Who did you decide to buy your travel insurance from in the end? 

Community Champion Badge

What is a Community Champion?

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"
  • Not sure this would be useful as it was single trip insurance and before my cancer was diagnosed but it was JustTravelcover . The real test is not who will provide insurance , but which companies pay out on claims and bring the sick and deceased back to the UK without a multitude of quibbles and difficulties. That is the information we need .

treepie
  • You are quite right , it's just as important to know how good the company is on paying out as it is to know how much it costs for the insurance.

Community Champion Badge

What is a Community Champion?

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"
  • I can recommend one company that our daughter uses, they paid out promptly and without quibble when she needed to cancel a long haul holiday due to having ear infection and sinusitis, it would have been far too dodgy for her to fly (she’s a freelance musician who has a very low immune system as a result of her illness) 

the company she uses with an annual policy is Insurancewith.com she travels regularly and world wide for work as well as pleasure. 

hugs xxx

Moomy