Boots

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 6 replies
  • 19 subscribers

After reading the comments on here I phoned Boots and was welcomed with "Welcome to Avanti Insurance". Looks like they have changed insurance provider.

• Hi  and welcome to the online community

Thanks for updating the group about Boots's insurance provider. Did you get a good quote from them?

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to latchbrook

They would not quote as I am still receiving Radiotherapy.

This seems to be the problem with most of the companies.

Will have to wait until treatment is finished

• Oh that's annoying

Have you had a chance to look through the Recommended Travel Insurance thread as it's where we try to keep recommendations from other forum members who have obtained travel insurance. Clicking on the link I've created will take you directly to it if you haven't seen it. There may be some insurers recommended there that you haven't tried yet.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to latchbrook

I've had a good look through the list and picked a few promising looking companies out but I do think I am wasting my time until my treatment is complete.

There are such a wide range of peoples experiences with this insurance from the comments I think it is all a rip off with what seems to be a few companies that seem to be giving genuine consideration to customers and some just trying to rip people off

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Sorry your struggling to find cover....from my experience over the past 3 years while you are undergoing a course of treatment or investigation we are all unlikely to get cover. Once your course is completed and a decision made on the next part of your treatment plan then the insurers are better able to assess your “risks”

I have used insurancewith.com for 3 overseas holidays at reasonable cost, a Cruise, 3 weeks to Singapore and Vietnam and I was booked to go to Crete in October which I have had to cancel as I am currently in Hospital.

I am treatable not curable, have ongoing treatment, monthly bloods, 3 monthly CT scans, monthly OPA which for me is classed as routine follow up. Sometimes it is the wording we use .

Good luck

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Very Interesting,

Came home from hospital the other day after my Radiotherapy to find post addressed to me from Staysure.

My husband has been the one trying to get quotes for insurance, in his name with me added as a second insured person, but has not approached Staysure, ever.

Wonder how they got my details