What do I put...

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 8 replies
  • 20 subscribers

Hi

Can anyone help please? 

I've just been told I have cervical cancer and it's in my pelvic lymph node, I'll be having a pet scan within the next fortnight and will know more then.

I go away in just over 2 weeks to Cyprus so need to do travel insurance.

In regards to if I have chemo etc do I put 'this is a regular or routine treatment' or ' this is a new course of treatment or medical procedure' ?

Thank you for your help

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Did you not take out Travel Insurance when you booked your holiday?

If you are having any further investigations or treatment I think you will find it a very difficult to get Insurance now within a reasonable cost anyway.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

No.

I'm not sure if you're replying to the right post?

My question was about how to answer the screenings but I've spoken with an insurance company now. 

Thank you anyway.

• Can I ask you please how did you answer the questions and how did you get on with getting insurance, we are in a similar position.

thanks

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Sorry I probably didn’t understand your question. Glad your sorted 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to process

Hi

I answered 'new treatment', which was right. I spoke to them on the phone, unfortunately the difficulty is because I haven't started any treatment yet, so I've not managed to get insurance so far. 

• Hi Zola76 we are in a similar position we just tried insure with insurance, good luck 

• Hi and

I wondered how you were getting on obtaining travel insurance. 

If you haven't got any yet then have you had a chance to look through the Recommended Travel Insurance thread yet as it's where we try to keep recommendations from other forum members who have obtained travel insurance? Clicking on the link I've created will take you directly to it if you haven't looked yet.

It is best to phone the travel companies rather than try and do online quotes. Make sure you have all the dates of your treatment to hand along with details of any medication and any future planned treatment.

If you haven't done so already you need to make sure that you have permission to travel from your consultant and that it's recorded in your notes notes. This is in case you need to make a claim. You don't want the travel insurance company to have any excuse not to pay out!

I do hope that you can both get insurance and that you have a lovely holiday.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to latchbrook

Hi

Thank you so much, I will have a look through.

I had a chat at the Macmillan Centre when I went for an appointment the other day and she suggested waiting until a bit closer to the travelling date so more is known about where things are up to, as at the moment it's more about the unknown.

But I should know my pet scan results in a couple of days anyway.

Thank you for your help.  Blush